Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z axis fault 248

Sam, I just pieced together who you are. I took your order, lol!

Barry
    Hardware Support

Hey Guys, I was just wondering could someone tell me, when you are doing a sensor check on the probe, what is the normal reading before you move the probe pointer, is it open or closed? I just happen to have a switch and probe cable, the one from the wall to the circuit card, that I order many moons ago and never had to use it. So, I am thinking about replacing it just to see if it will work. I have checked and unplugged all cables from the circuit card to the probe and it still remains closed. The probe and all the cables seem to be checking out ok, also do anyone have a continuity layout for checking the probe, I checked it against the new cable and the readings are the same. Any help is appreciated.
    Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.

Default Probe

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Hey Guys, I was just wondering could someone tell me, when you are doing a sensor check on the probe, what is the normal reading before you move the probe pointer, is it open or closed? I just happen to have a switch and probe cable, the one from the wall to the circuit card, that I order many moons ago and never had to use it. So, I am thinking about replacing it just to see if it will work. I have checked and unplugged all cables from the circuit card to the probe and it still remains closed. The probe and all the cables seem to be checking out ok, also do anyone have a continuity layout for checking the probe, I checked it against the new cable and the readings are the same. Any help is appreciated.
    The normal (Static) condition of the probe is "Closed".
    Move the tip, and it should read "Open". Unplug the cord(s) and it should read "Open".

What I was pointing to is that if your checks all read "Closed", your have a machine problem.

If it reads "Open" when you un plug the mini connector near the probe (and it reads "Open"), plug it back in and move the probe tip. It should read "Open". If not, you have a probe problem.

Send me a private message if you wish.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12