Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert flat objects to 3d

I was just looking at the shadermappro website and noticed that they mentioned that some of the textures they were converting to 3d were from freeseamlesstextures.com. I went there and they have some textures that look like they might be useful. They also had links to other useful texture and picture resources: http://freeseamlesstextures.com/text...rces/index.htm

Texture Warehouse listed there looked interesting too.

As long as your ok with a learning curve..you can "puff" up based on a picture sort of...I attached a couple screen shots to show what I mean...you put the picture in the back ground and model over top of it..."puff up " is more extrude and start tweaking verts edges and polygons in expensive poly modelors..Silo and AC3D nurbs Moi3d . The picture of woody is after all the extruing and tweaking...the pic of Tom is a WIP..just laying out the quads for extruding tweaking...hope it helps

some things you can start with a cube or sphere or box like you mentioned and tweak from there...The pic I showed I just kinda lay out the quads first then extrude...not sure if this the best way...still learning myself...but it works...wish it was a little faster...lol practice practice practice i guess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails w1.jpg   w2.jpg  
    Last edited by jpaluck; 08-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12