Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling advice

1. Default Selling advice

I've decided to sell my machine after all the parts I replace and I still show 0.00 on my Z and Y motors.....New Ztruck ....New controller...New circute boards that the FFC cable and Y and Z motors plug in...New FFC cable....anyone give me an Idea of what I should put my machine up for I was thinking ebay unless it would be better to sell on here..It might be a simple fix but I can't put anymore money into it my wife has been flippin over it...any advice on what to sell it for would be apreciated
    Thanks Will

If your search the forums, you will see that generally a working machine in good condition typically sells for anywhere between $500-$700. A machine with any issues tends to go as a "parts" machine and sells for $300 or less. You might fair better on ebay... good luck! And let us know what you get if you decide to get another machine and how it works out for you.
    Doug Fletcher

3. Default

Thanks for the advice..I would rather keep it and get it fixed with all the money I have into it, it would still be cheaper than buying a new cnc machine from a compeditor for WAY more money..granted they can do more but I don't need it for all the things they can do...2 guys on this forum had the same problem after replacing the controller and boards but they never posted the fix for the problems and never answered any of my emails..so it's an on going debate(argument) with the misses as to getting it fix she would rather I spend the money on the more expensive cnc machines with all the problems i've had with mine...but i'm more of the tight a$$ in the house..so this story is to be continued

Did you ever un plug the Board Sensor Cable? Even if the tech has you pull up and down...

And you don't have a miss matched FFC Cable.... 18 pin plugged into a 14 pin jack.... It is something as simple as a Grey cable is a Grey cable.... No not really... 14 pins or 18 pins..... Almost sounds like a old 18 pin plugged into a new 14 pin jack....

CALL ME.... 570-685-WOOD... 9663 digitalwoodshop AT AOL. Com
    Send me a email so I can send you some pictures to look at and look at your machine.... You may have mixed parts for a 14 pin and 18 pin FFC Cable system.... Wrong Circuit Board on one end.... Pictures will let you quickly look...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-11-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

5. Default

just shot you an email
    Thanks

Got the email and IF I got it CORRECT.... LHR sold you a new 14 PIN FFC Cable..... You plugged it into your OLD 18 Pin System and SHORTED OUT YOUR COMPUTER..... You mentioned they then sold you the 2 circuit boards for the new 14 pin FFC Cable.... But after the Short CIRCUIT installing the correct circuit boards did you NO GOOD and you say your Y and Z read 0000 0000 even after you move the head manually...(Check That... Move the head)

I have posted this before but the LHR Play Book and Parts Book needs to have a WARNING that the person asking for a new FFC Cable MAY have the OLD 18 Pin FFC system and NO 18 Pin FFC Cables are carried anymore (As far as I Know, I got one of the First 14 pin wanting a 18 pin) Because this is not the first time that someone has posted that they got a 14 pin FFC cable and had the old 18 pin boards.... The wider 14 pin contacts SHORT OUT the THINNER 18 PIN Jack Contacts... Hence Shorting out the $300.00 Computer.... AND possibly the SERVO Power part of the Power Supply.

I would ask to talk to a Supervisor tomorrow.... The Play Book needs to be changed...

"Yes, we can help you with ordering a 14 pin FFC Cable. Let me ask you a few Questions about your machine first to determine the version YOU HAVE. What Color is the Jack that the FFC Cable plugs into on YOUR MACHINE....."

What a mess... I believe in the past the user was left to pay for fix themselves... A Black Eye for the Tech just needed to ASK the correct question BEFORE selling THAT PART. Proper Safeguards in the Play Book would help...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-11-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Just sent back a email.... Do the Carve Region Test if your machine is working at the moment... Not sure if it is.... Thinking the computer is blown? I am confused...

The test... A Rectangle Carve Region 1/4 inch deep. A Circle within the Carve region and make that a carve region with a depth of .01 just to skim it... Carve it.... Is it the Machine or the ART...?

AL

Will you please forward that email to me? I will have more to say on this subject tomorrow.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Well, I haven't gotten the email yet, but I promised more on this topic:

First a little background on the 18 pin cable.
    1. LHR has not sold the 18 pin cable since 2007. The 18 pin cable is only on the A model machines that have not gotten the A907 upgrade.
    2. The customer either needs to know if they have the A907 upgrade or not...OR they need to be near their machine when they call in so that we can help them figure it out.

Second, let me explain levels of technical support:
    1. You only need to worry about what level of support your issue is, if you are not under warranty or not a member of the CarversClub (this is NOT Project of the Month).

2. Tier 1 level support is never charged. This includes product questions, placing orders (without lengthy diagnosis assistance), help with activations or downloads, Username & password issues, etc. that can be answered in a few minutes.

3. Tier 2 level support requires the customer be at their machine or computer and generally involves much more time with the technician who has a higher level of expertise. All of my customer support technicians should be able to answer both Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues. (I'm the only one that is not technical enough to support a Tier 2 machine issue.) Technicians can identify for you whether or not your issue is Tier 1 or Tier 2.

4. If your issue has been determined to be a Tier 2 level support issue, then we must determine:

A. Is the machine you are calling about under warranty?
    B. Are you a member of the CarversClub?
    C. Is this dealing with a part or service that is still under warranty (usually 30 days)?
    D. Have you previously paid a $25 incident fee for this issue?

If answer to any of these questions is YES, then the technician will proceed with Tier 2 support.

5. If all of the answers to these questions are NO, then you are given the option of

A. Joining the CarversClub
    CarversClub offers - unlimited phone support; 25% off any labor costs & a monthly special offer

B. Paying a $25 incident fee
    Incident fee covers unlimited phone support, no matter how many calls it takes or how long it takes until THAT issue is resolved. Once resolved; the issue is closed.

Here is the bigger problem and something I have seen happen OVER and OVER again:

Customers often do not see the value in a $25 incident fee, but instead opt to "self diagnose" and begins ordering part after part to try and figure out what is wrong and what will fix the problem. This is sometimes weeks or months of troubleshooting, $100s of dollars in parts, most of which are then sent back to us for refund, because it didn't fix the issue. We honestly do try to help the customer, but at this point the customer is totally frustrated, so puzzled about what the issue is and fed up not wanting to invest another penny. It's totally understandable and many have done the same thing.

We are and have tried to assist Mr. Fleming. We would like to see you get your machine operational again and you return to a happy CW poster on the forum.

This post is not to invoke an argument about us charging for support. Support fees go by many different names and MANY companies (cellphone, automobile, computer, software, satellite tv) charge for support in one way or another either hidden or not. They have to in order to pay for their support centers and employees.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Well, I haven't gotten the email yet, but I promised more on this topic:
    Which email are you reffering to? heres what I have to add to "This Toppic"

Here is everything that happened so it is CLEAR......this isn't and I hate carvewright rant I loved my machine until this all happened...It isn't a bash the tech I dealt with rant..Phil was a nice guy with a lot of patience.just wanted to make it clear.

I first had problems with lines in my carves anything and everything, so everyone on the forum was helping me troubleshoot what could have been causing the problem.deciding to change my Z-truck assembly because It was a little wobbly
    with a new one that was much more snug I realized that I had to replace my FFC cable because I was getting constant errors and couldn't run a test carve.

So I called an ordered 2 new FFC cables. when I got my new cables I installed the one cable and immediately go a power flux error and my Ztruck started to move on it's own...so I called carvewright and said I think I might have the wrong cable because my machine is going crazy.the guy said "you must still have the old setup you have to order the new Z motor electronics board and the head termination board. so I did.

I installed the new boards and turned my machine on and my Z-motor took a nose dive into the wood and kept running so I called and talked to PHIL. he said my controller unit is bad so I sent my controller in to have him test..he confirmed the controller was no longer any good..so I bought a new controller.

I got the new controller and installed the new controller.turned the machine on and
    NOTHING I had power but my Z-motor would not work ..that was working non-stop with the last controller..so I called and talked to PHIL for OVER and hour with him putting me on hold several times to "talk to an engineer"the final time he put me on hold to talk to an engineer he stated I have to call you back in an hour they left for lunch...

2 days later Phil called me back we spent over an hour on the phone going over everything we went over 2 days before.then after all that he had me check the carve time on the new controller and it was at ZERO..he said it should have a 20 minute test carve on it to make sure everything is good but sense it was made over seas
    they have no way of controlling that.If it was a refurbished on they would have been tested at LHR

So after a over 2 hours phone time with the carvewright Tech..so YES I spoke to a Tech on the phone.didn't care if I had to pay 25 bucks I don't think that's unreasonable...Phil said My supervisor is on vacation for 2 weeks so I can't authorize a return on the controller you'll have to send it back at your cost and we will retest it , and if we determine that it is defective we will send you another and reimburse you your shipping cost..not a problem sounds good to me.

I called Phil to see how it tested because I tracked my controller and knew it was at LHR for a couple of days and hadn't hear anything.Phil said he was going to test it personally and he would call me back in a couple of hours.The next afternoon Phil called and said my controller tested fineand my cables as well.He suggested I send my machine in for service..I said I have to talk to my wife because money is tight and I just put over $400 into it between parts and shipping.

so I called Phil back and he had left for the day and the guy I talked to said sense it's Friday your better off calling back Monday and having Phil ship it back.
    So Monday I called Phil and had him send it back...

I got the controller back and put it back in hoping for the best and it's the same..I have power and can run through all the sensor test but can't do anything else.
    so I checked the power time and the carve time and it had 3 minutes of power more than when I sent it and still had zero carving time. so I emailed Phil and asked him about it and he said they turned it on and the sensors check out fine thats why it only had 3 minutes on it and they didn't do a test carve because that wasn't my issue..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast