Hi all,

I recently bought a 1HP mini dust collector (this) that pulls 914CFM, and have attempted to connect it to my Dust Deputy, with interesting results.

I had some challenges in the fact that the dust collector has a 4" inlet, and the Dust Deputy has an inlet that is approximately 2.2" at it's widest, so I used some 4" flexible vinyl pipe that you would usually use for dryer venting. This is likely where my problem started, because when I started up the dust collector, the venting collapsed in on itself because of the amount of vacuum being created. (And, when THIS happened, the motor overworked somehow, and blew out one of the brushes. I've since cleaned and replaced it, and it seems to work now.)

So, I'm looking for some input on this. What kind of tubing should I be looking for? I've recently built myself a rolling cart to house my CarveWright, the dust collector and the Dust Deputy. Basically, I'm planning on attaching the dust collector to the Dust Deputy, and then the Dust Deputy to my recently received Ringneck Blues collector. So, this means, I'm going from 4" to 2.2", and then from 2.2" back to 4". My hope was that I could use the venting, but now, I'm stumped.

I had an idea that I could go find some PVC or ABS piping normally used in plumbing applications, and make a fixed system, but I wanted to check in here first, with "The Experts".

What should I do? Thanks, in advance!

Rick