Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it ever end?!!!!

Default Does it ever end?!!!!

So I recently had to reinstall my designer and recovered most of my patterns and at the last two fairs made most of my signs with my machine. During my fair I broke my tab that engaged the cover switch and fixed it with a screw! To date it is working perfectly!

My last fair I made some great signs with patterns I bought from Woodwisdom the fantastic schooner ship and the outstanding heifer bull from askbud! Since the reinstall I loaded several patterns ( thanks to Michael T.!) into the designer and a few fonts and was on my way to having my designer setup!

Then Saturday the day before the fair ended, I grabbed my air hose to use and CRASH something fell! I turn to find my laptop my new laptop laying on the floor! I had planned to take it back to Best Buy on Monday, because it was now keeping the time and date when turned off and needed a new bios battery.

I picked up the laptop to find a big V shape crack in my monitor! Now the battery was not an issue! I am so glad I listen to my wife and we bought the accidental insurance coverage! So I don't know if t will be repaired or replaced, nor if I will keep my information!

So now I am using my old laptop ( I am so glad I kept!) But I formatted it when I bought the new one and now I need to start over again installing the designer and the patterns! I was smart enough this time to save my patterns and imported to my external hard drive!

Well I guess to work I go since I have about 6 sign orders and I need my CW to make them!

Lol thanks for listening or reading I feel better!

Ike

Sorry to hear that Ike. I hope you get it repaired/replaced without too much hassle.
    Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug like I said, I listened to my wife for the accidental coverage so I am covered! Just the info, but I am installing all the backed up info on this laptop! So I will have 2 when I need them!

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    So I recently had to reinstall my designer and recovered most of my patterns and at the last two fairs made most of my signs with my machine. During my fair I broke my tab that engaged the cover switch and fixed it with a screw! To date it is working perfectly!

My last fair I made some great signs with patterns I bought from Woodwisdom the fantastic schooner ship and the outstanding heifer bull from askbud! Since the reinstall I loaded several patterns ( thanks to Michael T.!) into the designer and a few fonts and was on my way to having my designer setup!

Then Saturday the day before the fair ended, I grabbed my air hose to use and CRASH something fell! I turn to find my laptop my new laptop laying on the floor! I had planned to take it back to Best Buy on Monday, because it was now keeping the time and date when turned off and needed a new bios battery.

I picked up the laptop to find a big V shape crack in my monitor! Now the battery was not an issue! I am so glad I listen to my wife and we bought the accidental insurance coverage! So I don't know if t will be repaired or replaced, nor if I will keep my information!

So now I am using my old laptop ( I am so glad I kept!) But I formatted it when I bought the new one and now I need to start over again installing the designer and the patterns! I was smart enough this time to save my patterns and imported to my external hard drive!

Well I guess to work I go since I have about 6 sign orders and I need my CW to make them!

Lol thanks for listening or reading I feel better!

Ike

Sorry to hear about your computer, but it sounds like you are taking it in stride and are lauging about it. That is good!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ike,

Sorry to hear about the Laptop.... Glad to hear you are making progress to get back up fully... I am still lacking some stuff since my last crash.... Good to hear you have a external drive... I have 2 that I swap and store it in the house away from the shop.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

That sounds a lot like something I would do. Sorry for your misfortune but glad that you are busy!
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

That's a bummer.

8. Default

Its probably too late but you could plug in a regular computer monitor and transfer all your data, patterns etc to an external harddrive, thumb drive, CD etc. before you take it back for a replacement.

I am trying to backup my pattern listing that is in my Designer software. Can anyone tell me where, on the drive, I can find the folders/files?

Quote Originally Posted by rickbull View Post
    I am trying to backup my pattern listing that is in my Designer software. Can anyone tell me where, on the drive, I can find the folders/files?
    Search for "favorites.mpn".
    DO NOT attempt to open the file! Doing so will give you a duplicate list in Designer.
    Just "Copy" to your back-up area.
    AskBud

AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast