Thread: Broken cutting bit times 4

Angry Broken cutting bit times 4

I have a problem with the machine breaking my cutting bits. Tonight was the fourth time.
    I was doing the stacked book box project. It routed okay but it started cutting and snap.
    I got an error message about the back roller stuck. This makes little since to me. Its always on the cut and never the rout. HELP!
    I have a deadline for a customer and cant afford these errors.
    My Machine is cleaned constantly and lubricated properly. I put masking tape on the bottom to assure contact with the rollers. I use premium wood no cupping or bad edges

Version C , 1.179 updates.

Thanks
    Old Trainers never die, The tape just doesn't sitck anymore!

Are you doing one pass through cuts or stepped cuts? I use to do all my cuts one pass but it seems like since the last couple of revisions to the software I started to break bits. May be just a coincidents I'm not sure. Maybe the machine developed a problem that is causing it. Again, I'm not sure, but I never had the problem before and I cut out a lot of holes with it.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

3. Default i hate when i break a bit

I called customer support to order a new cutting bit I figured I would call ask if I should do step down cutting or if I should just cut out my projects with one pass I was told "its always better to make multiple passes when doing a cut out". I hope that helps

make sure the board is 7 inchs longer than pro.