Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Yr Warranty on Compucarve units

Default 5 Yr Warranty on Compucarve units

I just went out and bought my cnc machine at Sears with my Craftsmans Club discount and my Sears Retiree discount will be here Friday. But when I asked the sales people about the warranty on it they could not find anything listed. Later they left me a message on my phone saying that they did not offer any 5 yr warranty. So what I want to know is where did some of you guys get your Sears warranty and if so is there some kind of number to reference it with. Would appreciate any help you can give....in the meantime I am already getting my projects ready to go so when my machine gets here I can try her out and put it thru all the paces. Also would like to know if there is any program in the world that can take 2d photos and make them into 3d reliefs that stand out just like an engraving on a coin...I know there has to be some program out there that can do this....the trouble is finding it....any suggestions? Thanks in advance from another newbie who dished out the bucks and hope it's all worth it.....have read all the threads in all forums and hope it works out like I think it will.

It is my understanding (and correct me if I'm in anyway in error) that the warranty is 1 yr or 200hrs. Which ever comes first. Now that being said- Sears does not offer an extended warranty, if someone was sold one I would believe it was done so in error and hope no one ever has to find out the hard way. Sears also does not repair them if something comes up that cant be fixed by reading the troubleshooting recommendations here and/or going through CW it would have to go back or parts sent to you(I'm guessing on the latter).

The people there so far have been wonderful with any questions I've had. Now they are settling in I'd imagine they'd be more accessible to answer any questions you might have.

I'm expecting my machine in tomorrow, I've been pouring over everything I can get my hands on to read.

Best of luck to you when you get yours in!

Julie
    "Today I am becoming who I once dreamed to be."

Default Julie Coffey

Thanks for the info I just figured since I read on the forums that some of the people got the warranties I had to ask. I just feel that Sears and Craftsman is losing ground when they don't offer warranties on products that cost as much as this Compucarve machine. I feel like I spent lots of money and will have to baby this machine when I get it because I imagine the repair will be costly when it breaks after the 1 yr or 200 hours. At that pace it looks like I can make 20 projects if each average about 5 hours....not bad for a $2000 machine.....progress. Just shows Sears has lost in the retail business (losing everyday) and at this pace won'tbe long there name will be history like Wards. But again thanks for the info I guess I was feeling happy knowing after reading all the threads on the forum that it would be a could idea to get the extended warranty on this high priced new toy. Oh well, what is a person to do....guess go carve some anti-Sears slogans and get over it........

Well Bob I haven't gotten my hands on mine yet so I cant say one way or the other.

What I do know is this, I will read everything thoroughly, then read it again with my husband. Then we will set it up- and follow the directions in the manual.

I'm patient, probably not as patient as pkunk but I will give it every opportunity and the people at CW the chance if a problem arises. And we'll just have to see. I'm really glad this forum is here though for support, it would be a very lonely place without it.

Julie

Default Re: Julie Coffey

[quote="BobC33"]Thanks for the info I just figured since I read on the forums that some of the people got the warranties I had to ask. I just feel that Sears and Craftsman is losing ground when they don't offer warranties on products that cost as much as this Compucarve machine. I feel like I spent lots of money and will have to baby this machine when I get it because I imagine the repair will be costly when it breaks after the 1 yr or 200 hours. At that pace it looks like I can make 20 projects if each average about 5 hours....not bad for a $2000 machine.....progress. Just shows Sears has lost in the retail business (losing everyday) and at this pace won'tbe long there name will be history like Wards. But again thanks for the info I guess I was feeling happy knowing after reading all the threads on the forum that it would be a could idea to get the extended warranty on this high priced new toy. Oh well, what is a person to do....guess go carve some anti-Sears slogans and get over it........[/quwote] wonder why CW doesn't offer extended warranty+

Sold in error:

I purchased the 5 year extended warranty and receieved the confirmation last week with the correct product number on it.

My wife (an attorney) reviewed it and looks like it's valid for warrantee purposes. If Sears doens't honor it I guess I'll be seeing them in court.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemikeyp
    Sold in error:

I purchased the 5 year extended warranty and receieved the confirmation last week with the correct product number on it.

My wife (an attorney) reviewed it and looks like it's valid for warrantee purposes. If Sears doens't honor it I guess I'll be seeing them in court.
    hehe, who was the person that sold it to you so I can call and ask for them by name for my own warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Coffey
    What I do know is this, I will read everything thoroughly, then read it again with my husband. Then we will set it up- and follow the directions in the manual.
    Julie,
    I'm not for sure if you have received your CW yet (or if there is anyone out there who does not have their machine yet and wants to read the manul.) However, you can downloand the CW manual from the following link:

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads.html

You can also download the trial software and the CW Probe manual from this site as well.

BC

No I haven't gotten my machine yet, I've been 'told' it will be here next Friday? I'm getting a lotto ticket, we'll see who has better luck.

This has nothing to do with the CarveWright folks this has to do with Sears and distribution problems.

So I'll play with the software, read and reread the boards and owners manual, dream of winning said lotto and buying the Artcam Pro software and living happily everafter. ::laughs::

Julie

Can you provide any details on the mythical extended warranty?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast