Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Hot???

Cool Too Hot???

I just replaced z-trunk and new motor. Ran one project no problem but now I am trying to carve a very basic sign. After about 20 minutes it stops and says "Can't read memory card". So I remove card and re-insert. Again it runs fine for about 15 minutes and now just stopped and appears to have NO power. I checked all power connections and found no problems.

The only thing I can think of is that the temperature in the garage is probably over 105 degrees. Any thoughts??

Prior to removing the card, did you power down the system? I believe it is still a requirement to have the power turned off before removing, and/or reinserting the card, or else bad, bad things could happen.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

I do believe I did. I just took the top off and cleaned it out real good and checked all connections inside and all were good. I took card out, reinserted and turned switch back on. It did start again but did not track identical to the cut it was in the process of cutting. So I powered off and on again.............no power again. I am stumped. It acts like a bad on/off switch or a bad connection between the card and the reader in the machine. Again, any coments?

Now I am getting an axis stahl./????

I took card out of machine and deleted project. I downloaded it again with changes in case there was a problem with the downloaded project. Now I am getting no power to the machine again. It appears it has finally crapped out. Any thoughts?

6. Default

If your display is blank and there is no power to the machine, the first thing to check is that you have power TO the machine. Check your outlet to make sure you have power there. If so then I would guess the power supply is bad.

If you get black squares on the display and nothing else, it could be the memory card is bad. Your best bet is to call LHR techs tomorrow and see what they say.

7. Default

Be sure and try reformating the card since the card is the programming or brains of the machine. Make sure you adjust the contrast to make sure the display is on. If none of that works take the bottom off and check all the connections on the power supply. What model is this? you can tell by the model number, There is an A, B, or C model and the serial number starts with that letter.

This is a Classic L2 Power Supply problem IF you have the OLD Style Power Supply..... Look for my old posts on the L2 for pictures.

New power supply will have 3 metal bars older have 2 bars and a metal box...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

could be the card is bad sun spots are so strong right now I lost two...

Hello,

You may want to check that the wires to the power switch are fully seated/plugged in. Lay the machine on its side and take the bottom metal plate off. Check the wires going to the power switch. I have my fingers crossed for you that it will really be that simple. Worth a quick look, anyhow.

A few years ago, I had a similar problem and thought the power supply was toast. I inspected the wires to the power switch...lo and behold...one of the wires had unplugged itself (perhaps wasn't fully seated in the first place and loosened completely off from vibration, I guess). Plugged it back in again and haven't had any trouble like that since.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast