Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New TIPS & TRICKS in VIDEO Format!!!

I am using Firefox and it worked just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    What browser are you using? I had IE6 and it worked fine. I just upgraded to IE9 and it is about the size of a postage stamp. It is so small I can't tell what the heck is going on. So it looks like it may be a browser issue.
    Hi Terry,

I wonder if you are indeed correct regarding it being a browser issue. Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome to see if that works alright? Just curious.

Anyway, I did run across the following when I did a quick search for IE9 video playback problems. I have no idea if this will apply, but perhaps it is related(?).

- - - - - - -
    (quote - complete with grammatical errors and misspelling)
    The new Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) has got a serious problem. A lot of users are complaining that they can’t play any flash video and game as well as Java applet. Let’s make a couple of example to see and understand the problem and in what situations it is clearly visible. When Internet Explorer 9 users try to open websites or blogs containing Java applets, the area where the applet should be visible is completely blank . A white background will replace the applet. The applet that is not working is a specific Internet Explorer 9 problem as it doesn’t happen on Internet Explorer 8 which works smoothly. In other cases instead, when Internet Explorer 9 users try to open websites or blogs containing a video or a TV show for example, they won’t get anything. No sound, no image. Nothing at all. They will only get an error message or warning stating that Adobe Flash, Shockwave Player or Silverlight is not detected or installed and that they cannot play any video etc. Of course, Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight and Java are correctly installed on the machine. Let’s see how to fix this issue.

All these problems are due to the fact that Java applets have been blocked and filtered by the new Internet Explorer 9 ActiveX Filtering feature which ensures safe surfing to its users. Untill Internet Explorer 9 won’t be fully compatible with Java you won’t be able to play any video, sound or music relaying on such technologies. The workaround here is to turn off and disable ActiveX Filtering:
    1. Open Internet Explorer 9
    2. Click the Gear icon located on the right of the browser window.
    3. Click Safety from the menu. It is located under the Zoom option.
    4. Untick the ActiveX Filtering option.
    5. If instead you wish to turn off the ActiveX Filtering for a specific website, go to the website you wish to see video, music or Java content of.
    6. Hover over the “No Through Traffic” icon located at the right end o the address bar with your mouse. This will trigger a special dialog-box stating that “Some Content is Filtered on This Site”. Click the Turn off ActiveX Filtering button.
    (unquote)
    Here's the direct link to the post that I quoted above: http://www.webtlk.com/2011/02/16/fix...d-java-applet/
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 07-24-2011 at 06:54 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

You may also see if you can "grab" a corner of the small display with your mouse and drag it to a larger size.

I'm using IE9 now and even before I "moved up" I couldn't see Buds videos but the sound was fine, just a black screen. I'll try the link that Michael gave and see if that works for both.
    I tried the link that Greg posted and that worked. Great lesson and if it didn't SOUND so interesting I wouldn't have spent the time to try and VIEW it

I'm using Chrome and it works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Terry,

I wonder if you are indeed correct regarding it being a browser issue. Have you tried using Firefox or Chrome to see if that works alright?
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Got Part 2 Feb 2011 Video Today and WOW... MT has again outdone himself AGAIN.... The Corel Draw to DFX to Designer part is worth it's weight in GOLD to me.... I was just making some artwork in Corel for my Canadian Fire Buddy, another Tag Order... The use of Corel with Designer will be a BIG HELP to me since I am still .ptn Challanged...

Excellent Work...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Greg,
    Is there an Mp4 version of the #2 tips and tricks? I can open those. No luck with the checking or un-checking ActiveX. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    Greg,
    Is there an Mp4 version of the #2 tips and tricks? I can open those. No luck with the checking or un-checking ActiveX. Jim
    Hi Jim,

I've posted both the online view and the WMV files on the CarveBuddy website (WMV will play on Windows Media Player and other playback software).

- ISSUE 35 Jan 2011
    Pocket Cutting Tips Part 1
    (online video)
    or (download WMV 84MB)

- ISSUE 36 Feb 2011
    Pocket Cutting Tips Part 2
    (online video)
    or (download WMV 41MB)

You can right-click on the WMV links and choose "Save Target As..." to save them to your hard drive.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

9. Default

If anyone wants MP4's of the tips and tricks you can find them here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0c7oo5qvhp8ye

One advantage to MP4 format is it will play on IPODs, IPads, cellphones etc.

By the way great job Michael on the new lessons they are great!

Thank you for posting the downloadable versions. Greatly appreciated. And yes I can place them in my binder because I have insert-able plastic loose-sleeve inserts. LOL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast