Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New TIPS & TRICKS in VIDEO Format!!!

Its a real challenge to add to my 3-ring binder!

Yeah, this will be hard to put in my binder as well.
    Worked good for me but I only watched part of it cause I have to get to work.

I vote for some kind of downloadable also as I don't always have internet available when I've got time to study the tips and tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by earlyrider View Post
    Its a real challenge to add to my 3-ring binder!
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

First rate, MT - very well done. I learned some great tricks, but I don't yet know what a "dot-and-tittle" is.......
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by cnsranch View Post
    First rate, MT - very well done. I learned some great tricks, but I don't yet know what a "dot-and-tittle" is.......
    Hey, Jerry - It's a new feature! <smile>

- - - - - - - - - -
    Hello Everyone,

A couple folks have mentioned they cannot view the tutorial properly. Not sure why, but I would suggest making sure you have the most recent version of Flash installed on your computer. Normally, you can right-click anywhere on the movie area and a pop-up will display and have a menu choice something like "Get Adobe Flash Player 10.xxxx". If you click on it, you will be directed to Adobe's website and be able to download and install the latest version. I've heard that somwhere in the neighborhood of 97% of computers have Flash installed (which is precisely why we chose that format), but it may be important to keep up-to-date with the latest version. Let us know if that "fixes" your viewing problems.

I'll talk to LHR regarding a downloadable version of the tutorial videos. I already know from experience that the WMV file format would be best choice (for viewing quality and reasonable file size) and can easily be played on the vast majority of computers "out there". The downloadable versions will not have the Table of Contents nor the Closed Captions, though, because those features are "Flash-dependent".
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 07-21-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I also had the problem with it being small but was able to magnafy it by using the magnifying glass in the lower right corner of my browser window (win7). Sure would be nice to have it down loadable. But it was great info Michael, thanks

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I just rendered a WMV version of the video as a test candidate for a downloadable.

Quality is excellent - both video and audio. The file size is about 86MB at the 960x768 size - not bad for a high-quality 22 minute WMV! I can make the file smaller by reducing the playback size, but waiting for feedback from LHR as to whether or not we actually should make it smaller if we go with downloadable versions in addition to the online-viewing. (As mentioned before...we do lose the Table of Contents and Closed Captioning features.)
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 07-21-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

7. Default

I use firefox with add on download helper It allows you to download most videos you watch on the internet. I downloaded the tips and tricks the day it was released and watched a small portion just to be sure it downloaded correctly.

Excellent presentation! Hope this is a start of something............ I too would like to see if we can get this to download. Excellent, excellent......
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Michael...thanks for the heads up on the Adobe Flash Player. Downloaded it and everything worked ok. I vote for download option also.

10. Default

I hope you dont mind but until the official download is ready here is an downloadable mp4 file of this great tips and tricks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?67615igopmts1ft
    Last edited by gregsolano; 07-22-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast