Thread: Just finished first carve

Default Just finished first carve

Its just a simple carve with my last name and some filigree on a 1x6 pine board, but I am thrilled. Now off to try another...

dltccf, welcome to our addictive world of carving!! Any problems come up, let us help, these guys know all about it.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

Great way to start out with something simple! Now take care and do not hurt your neck from all of the back and forth action watching the machine doing it's thing!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Great going! Chew up that wood!!

The first carve is really cool isn't it. You might want to go through the tutorials and complete those projects. That will give you a great head start.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    The first carve is really cool isn't it. You might want to go through the tutorials and complete those projects. That will give you a great head start.
    I had been going through them while waiting for the machine to arrive but didn't actually carve them.

You're being smarter than I was on my first test dltccf. I had waited 4 or 5 months using the layaway plan so I thought I was ready to carve a wedding gift right out of the chute. Not the best idea, looking back now but we've all had to start somewhere. Congratulations on that first one, and now just a few thousand more carves to come . . .

Keep us informed Sir.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Default building some confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    You're being smarter than I was on my first test dltccf. I had waited 4 or 5 months using the layaway plan so I thought I was ready to carve a wedding gift right out of the chute. Not the best idea, looking back now but we've all had to start somewhere. Congratulations on that first one, and now just a few thousand more carves to come . . .

Keep us informed Sir.
    I carved the letter opener today that was posted here recently to experiment with two sided carving. It turned out very nice out of an old scrap piece of pine. Went to see a friend who has all kinds of wood and came home with some cedar, cherry, oak, ash, poplar, and a pretty piece of sassafras. My wife who loves horses wants a letter opener with a horse on it so I 'm going to try that in cherry next.