Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corian

Default Corian

To bad I'm not into carving corian. This was just posted on my local Craigs list.
    14 SHEETS OF BLACK CORIAN WITH MARTI GRAS SPECKLE
    (3) 30" X 6'
    (11) 30" X 5'
    $300 WILL TAKE THE WHOLE LOT

:O

That is a great deal!!!

There are a few patterns that I wouldn't mind carving into corian, and the fact that this particular bunch has kinda a speckled stone look would make the patterns even better!

Whoever gets it is getting an awesome deal!
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I was considering contacting this guy about buying this corian but I've never used it. I read that it's hard on the CW and the bits and that it's more difficult to keep th CW clean because the corian clings to everything. And this being black corian are there any good projects it would be good for. Looking at the pictures the seller posted I think this is 6 mm thick. Your thoughts!

4. Default

I carve corian a lot and while the bits may not last as long I have not had any problems, I use the fletcher dust collection system and it works great. coasters, cutting boards and signs would be good in black corian.

Yep!

I even have a couple comic book items that I would like to see done in a black corian. Batarang, grappling claw, etc.
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

I have used corian exclusively for the last year, year and a half, still using the same two bits carving and 60 degree. I just love the results on corian. I probably made a hundred or so signs 11 1/2 square in that time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00002.JPG   DSC00006 (2).JPG   DSC00004.JPG  
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary if you dont mind me asking do you apply any thing on after you paint and what paint do you use ? Seen you post several signs before they all look great. Sorry if you already have answered this somewhere else THANKs

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

I use my wife's ceramic paints (water based) then spray them with Krylon clear, (I like gloss) $3.24 at Walmart and Home Depot at least in the Cleveland area.
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary, those signs are realy Great (even the ohio state oneha-ha)
    Go BLUE
    Don

What I forgot to mention is that the carving part of most of my patterns don't go very deep, usually about .085 depth, height 100. And of course it usually depends upon the carve part of the pattern I lower the depth until the point in which I can see it clear enough to paint. Hope, that makes sense?
    Despite all of our problems... GO BUCKS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast