Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logs... Lots of Logs and Professional Courtesy

1. Default

Wow liquid those blow away anything I have ever seen on pimp my ride or any other show. Man if I only had the money to build one. Actually wish I could buy and restore Al's car from the forest graveyard!

I talked to my Neighbor tonight as he has much more land than us and is a former sawmill owner that now does firewood with all the Automated Equipment.... Even he is overwhelmed with this whole log thing too.... The log piles are huge... He gave me some advice.....

The Spruce will most likely spoil before I ever got to it... Either turn blue or the chewing insects would get to it... Can't get to the logs until the pipeline pipe is burried......

The Oak would last about a year.... Hopefully....

Where will I find the time to cut all the wood... It's midnight and I am trying to get a Tag Project done to ship tomorrow....

I have 18 wood signs in various stages of being painted and got 2 more orders....

My most asked question is???? Where is my Stuff.....?

I am overwhellmed.... Back to work....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

In that case you could cull out all the bad ones and buck a few of the big boys special trees into smaller sizes for splitting regarding spruce and ceder it will hand split into billets with a fro and mallet quickly that could be moved to a truck but that's a young mans job. back in the day I owned a saw with a 32" bar full comp for softwood, good times Oregon trees get big or used to. I remember tending with a feller on a old dead ceder around 5' diameter one day I still have two boards left. Sometimes the blue is not bad and some dead worms as long as it was a good quality tight or figured grain around it.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-10-2011 at 11:35 PM.

I will keep you in mind..... good advice too....

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12