Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy Offset Feature Missing from Mac?

gschemel Guest

Default Copy Offset Feature Missing from Mac?

Hi;

I have a Compucarve on order that is expected any day now and I thought I'd get a headstart on learning the software.

In the help docs a feature called "Copy Offset" is mentioned that should be available "from the Layout menu, tool bar, or the context menu". Unfortunately I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Are they any Mac users out there that can confirm that this item is missing from the menus or is in fact there and I'm just unable to find it?

Thanks!

It's on my Mac version. You first have to have a project open in order to use it. Possibly not available on the trial version.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Copy offset

Go to view>toolbars>customize select layout toolbar from the pull down, locate copy/offset on the left panel and drag it to the right side.

Hope this works for you. I also have the trial version on a pc. It doesn't work for me. I'm told that it comes with the pro version. We'll have to wait and see.

LOL
    Hank

gschemel Guest

Thanks for the help everyone. I can see the icon when I go into the customize view but I can't get it to actually show up on the toolbar. I guess I'm just going to write this off as not being in the trial version and wait till I get the real deal.

Default I've got the real deal I think

After getting my machine loading everything and carving I started to design things.... In the process I needed the copy offset tool I was told it only worked in the beta version.. This seemed weird because its on my custom toolbar.... so I tried everything I knew to get it to an active toolbar by dragging like the directions said nothing worked.. I don't know why this tool would be dropped in production version I sure would like to have it..... Little help anybody Thanks

Although Copy Offset is extremely useful to me, until you find the answer, you do know that you can do a Control C and Control V to copy/paste anything in Designer and if you apply the grid you can do a relatively good job of spacing to your work piece. Not as good as the accuracy of Copy Offset, but workable.

Bob

gschemel Guest

I was goofing off and trying to see if I could make a custom set of checkers. That's alot of cutting and pasting.

No biggie though.

Now that IS a job for COPY OFFSET

Bpb

Default Still looking for copy offset

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    It's on my Mac version. You first have to have a project open in order to use it. Possibly not available on the trial version.
    Alright I have the project open, but I still can not find copy offset or any place to change the tools.

It appears I'm missing something... Any help?

Jim

Default I can't find it.

I don't know what version pkunk is using, but on my Mac version 1.126 I don't see any "Copy Offset" command anywhere (except as referenced in the Help menu). I am using a registered copy of the CarveWright software downloaded from the web site. Is that considered the "Pro" version?

I have attached a screenshot of my Customize window, and don't see Copy Offset as an available tool to add to a toolbar. So, unless anyone can shed any further light on this issue, I would just assume that this particular command is not available in the Mac version of the software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LayoutToolbar.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast