Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Path Bug

Default Cut Path Bug

Has anyone noticed that cut path does not respond immediately to changing the default parameters. If you apply cut path and change the offset from 0.000 to say 0.063 and press accept - no change. You have to remove the cut path and apply it again. It pops up with the new offset and it now works. This is not so bad as you can see that it did not work and you can get it to work. If, however, you change the tab height, you will not know that the change you made has no effect because you cannot see the tabs in Designer. I believe this is a bug. The variables are not updated when the accept button is clicked.

I am having trouble with the cut path tabs. I am getting full height tabs independent of the tab height I choose. I have tabs thicker than the 1/4 max setting. Does anyone know if this is a bug? I cannot, no matter what I do, get a 1/16 tab height to carve.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I am having trouble with the cut path tabs. I am getting full height tabs independent of the tab height I choose. I have tabs thicker than the 1/4 max setting. Does anyone know if this is a bug? I cannot, no matter what I do, get a 1/16 tab height to carve.
    We really need to see this MPC!
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Here is the mpc. I do not know what you can see unless you carve it since the cut path tabs do not show in Designer. See the picture, the tabs are nearly 1/2 inch high which is not even an option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0245.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Here is the mpc. I do not know what you can see unless you carve it since the cut path tabs do not show in Designer. See the picture, the tabs are nearly 1/2 inch high which is not even an option.
    OK, here are my findings and suppositions.
    I deleted everything but the cut-path and it worked well. You will know as you watch the first two cut-paths that the tabs should be fine as the bit does not rise.
    I used 1/2" wood and no sled.
    I'm going to guess as to your problem, based on my test.
    First would be that the memory card does not have the same cut-path setting as your MPC (if you made changes after your save to the card).
    Second, is that you used a sled and as you set up the machine you got an option to carve the "Board" or "Project". It may be that you selected "Board" rather than "Project".

I suggest that you reload your card and run a test in wood, mounting the wood the same way you did the plastic.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 07-12-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Thanks Bud. I have been around this loop a few times. I will try the cut path alone as you did later tonight and report.

You could layout the tabs buy making spaces in the path, however since the " auto tabs" where not designed to work with Designers "manual cut path depth settings" it makes it confusing.

Lets say that your stock is .75" thick and you need tabs, you would set the project board to .75 and the CW will try to cut correctly. lets say the tabs do not work so you use the manual cut setting but now the software will not cut through the board as you can't go deeper that 75" your stuck and will need to set the board size to .80 but then designer will stop you and not let you change the project board until you delete stuff and you lost your settings.

You could copy and paste the offending objects to fix the depth issues but copy and paste sometimes will not keep it's original placement so you have to manually replace the cut paths and rasters.

I think auto cut tabs are wondefull but I can't use them as much as i would like at times.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-12-2011 at 10:38 AM.

I carved just the cut path and as for Bud, it worked fine. I got 1/16 tabs. If I carve the complete double sided dust cap top, however, I get the full 1/2 tabs. I do not get it. Why should the cut path tabs depend on other elements in the carve? This seems buggy to me.

Could it be the software knowing it was a 2 side curve makes the adjustment for bigger tabs?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You may be right. I just deleted the back side and it made the correct tabs. The problem is therefore related to double side carving. Does the program make full depth tabs whenever there is a carving on the other side independent of the user's tab choice? What if I choose no tabs? Should I try that?

(You know, I love to experiment with things but I find it annoying to have to always experiment just to find out how the software works.)

Is this a bug? Could someone at LHR please explain.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast