Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carvers Contest

1. Default Carvers Contest

First of all: Happy 4th of July CarveWright Forum Family and Friends

We know that this has been attempted before. We think we have a new way of looking at it.

Each month we will host a “Carvers Contest” and it will work like this.

This contest is open to ALL owners of the CarveWright/Compucarve Personal Carving System

Step One: To enter you will purchase a Specific pattern … YES, everyone will be carving the same pattern. The price of said pattern will be $10.00, the money covers the design of the original pattern and your entry fee. You are automatically entered when you purchase the pattern. We promise to make them cool … wait until you see next months pattern.

Step Two: Carve and Finish the pattern as you see fit. We are making no suggestions here. One Note … you are not limited to just carving the pattern into a piece of wood … combine it with other patterns or as part of a larger project.

Step Three: Finish your project and email hi-res images to contest@littleredwoodshop.com by midnight CST on the last day of the month.

Prizes: The prizes for each contest will be announced when the “Carvers Contest Project” is posted at the beginning of each month.

Rules: There are a few of them.

• You may enter every month if you would like but may not win consecutive contests … you are not eligible to win the month after a win.
    • Carvings must be completed with a CarveWright or CompuCarve system
    • Entries must be received in our email box at contest@littleredwoodshop.com by midnight CST on the last day of the month
    • Prices will be mailed to the winner within 10 days of the judges decision … the judges are your peers
    • Winners will be decided by a vote at www.LittleRedWoodshop.com … voting will be open for 7 days.
    • You must be a member of the LittleRedWoodshop.com community ... Register here http://littleredwoodshop.com/register

Note: Each monthly winner will be entered into a final contest (once a year) your projects will be displayed at the CarveWright Conference and voted on by the conference attendees, if you are not attending the CarveWright Conference you may mail your entry. The prize for this contest will be Honor, Prestige and a prize to be announced at a later time (it will be something good).

Announcement:

The Carvers Contest Pattern for the month of July 2011 will be the “Stripes N Stars” pattern. This pattern is an original drawing by Mendi … we are looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Click on the image Above to purchase the pattern and enter this month contest.

If we have 1-9 participants the prize will be a $50.00 store credit for my store (The LRW Store, not the CarveWright store).

If we have more than 10 participants the prize will be a $50.00 store credit for my store (The LRW Store, not the CarveWright store) and a 3/16ths Carving Bit – a $50.00 value. Or the winner may select an $100.00 store credit for The LRW Store. The total value of this prize is $100.00 …

Remember that each monthly winner will be entered in the CarveWright Conference Carvers Contest … at next years CarveWright Conference.
    Please visit The LRW Store and check out some of our new patterns …The Faded Sign Collection for instance …..

to this months Winner and the honor of being entered in the CarveWright Conference Carvers Contest next year!
    Ok folks here goes the legal stuff … this has been added to protect all parties.

Purchase Carvers Contest Pattern ..... OR HERE

Ok folks here goes the legal stuff … this has been added to protect all parties.

Please keep in mind that your projects may be considered for use in future CarveWright publications and you will receive full credit for any images that are used.

LittleRedWoodshop’s TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION

You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of LittleRedWoodshop, LRW Signs, LRW (hence forth to be listed as LRW), without any compensation to you; (2) LRW may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for LRW to review the submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.

Feedback and Information: Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. LRW shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
    Last edited by LittleRedWoodshop; 07-12-2011 at 05:14 PM.

OK, I'm in. Just tell me how to purchase the $10 pattern and I'll get started. I followed the link and the only thing that I could find was a $15 greyscale. I didn't see the pattern anywhere.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I'm not use to being online this time of day as I work best about midnight.... but I can't seem to find my way on the website to purchase this months star pattern. I can't log into the "store" as it asks for my e-mail address and password. But I can log into the site via the top of the page using my User Name and password. The question is "Do I have to set up a seperate account?"

4. Default Sign Up and Purchase Pattern

Register for the website: http://littleredwoodshop.com/register

Register for the Store: http://littleredwoodshop.com/store click on the link at the top of the page that says "Sign In" then click on he link that says "Create New Account"

Then visit the section of the store "Carvers Contest" section of the store .... or visit here

Ok, I set up my registration for the store, dropped the pattern into the shopping bag, but could not find the option to "buy." The only option seems to be "continue to shop." Please point me in the right direction.

OK! Got it bought, downloaded and designed. Now I just have to buy some bearings for the "y" gear box and get'r done!

Counting Sharon that means we have two in, Come on guys we need 8 more! <=insert smiley!
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

7. Default

Make that three ... I have added the shopping bag in the right margin and at the bottom of the page ... also added the pattern on the opening page of the store.

that should make things a little easier, sorry, it is a test run ... we'll get it figured out

I am looking forward to seeing what people come up with and seeing them all at the conference next year ... I am not entering of course but I think mine is going to end up as part of a box project.

Thank you for your Help

+ 1 more...

Jim,

I have some bearings for the Y gear box if ya need em... PM me if so or meet me over on Jason;s site
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It might be working for some people but not for me. I can not get anything to move/drop now and it says by shopping bag is empty. When I got as far the shopping bag an hour ago it said it would keep my selection for (I forget...but days). Going back now there is nothing there and like I said I can't get the image to drag. I'll try again later.

10. Default

how was the download process ..... ? smooth I hope

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast