Thread: question

1. Default question

does anyone know if you were to take a dust collection machine and build a table for the carewright that the dust collector would pull the shavings down thought the slit in the bottom of the machine. if it would help keep it cleaner and help keep the dust level lower then trying to mod the lid with a dust collecting pulling it up???

Billings, Montana, United States, 112454482100538, Billings, Montana

Default Ross @ Creations In Wood of Montana

I have had a down draft dust system on my old machine for about 2 years. I purchased a model C at the conference and a dust collecter from Ringneck. The downdraft worked alittle ,but my new machine still look brand new after a month of carving. I strongly suggest you look at Ringnecks

Default Top Mounted Vacuum Head

Many of us, that started with a downdraft system, have converted to a Top Mounted Vacuum system.
    AskBud
    http://www.wix.com/littleredwoodshop...ust-collection
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by grimm9066 View Post
    does anyone know if you were to take a dust collection machine and build a table for the carewright that the dust collector would pull the shavings down thought the slit in the bottom of the machine. if it would help keep it cleaner and help keep the dust level lower then trying to mod the lid with a dust collecting pulling it up???
    That is how a lot of us got started with dust collection for the machine. It does ok with narrow boards but a lot of the dust stayed in the machine.

Going to a top mounted dust collection system gets the dust at the source.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.