Thread: have another problem

Default have another problem

When setting up the borard to be cut it does it measurements and then ask how you want it positioned on the board " centered, cornered, or Jog. the jog to position has changed what it does and i don't know what i did to change it. it usually let you jog to edge first and then ask you to jog to front (i think that is what is ask but it ask for the other side of the board) but now all it does is ask for coordinates which i am not sure how to figure out and really don't want to do it that way, I like coming in 3.5" from edge and 1.5 from top the size of my jig boards.

Thanks for any help
    Tim

That's information that I would like to know as well. I usually just tell it to place it on the corner.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

The give away is the 3.5 inches... It asked you to stay under the rollers and you said YES and then it asked you to Scale the Project and you said YES... Hence it took 7 inches away from your physical board.... The 7 inch rule of wood... 3.5 on each side to stay under the rollers...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

And thats a good reason to use a sled with a min of 3.5" ends. I always use a sled and never have problems, I also have my board pretty much to size so I tell it to center my project. It's just the way I do it myself.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

If I'm doing a bunch of one thing like the Kodiak frames I made last year I'll build some kind of jig/sled especially if it is "good" wood. Other things I try to gang a couple of projects on one board and have the machine place it on edge, then turn the board around and do the same with the second project. That saves 7" of wood.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.