Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Tim - I looked at your MPC Looks like you made the MPC with the ai2mpc program, I use that program allot, you need a clean (.ai) image to get a good MPC. Yours had a lot of extra data that was retracing the lines that were generated. The MPC was 3.51 MB; you can remove a lot of that trash in the CW Designer program. Just click on the lines and remove all the double and triple traced lines.

I removed about a third of the extra stuff and reduced the MPC to 2.63 MB more can be removed, there was some extra outlines that were not used in the MPC, I remove that also.

The MPC is too large to post on this Forum; the files need to be less than one MB. The total MPC file is now 2.70 MB when Centerline and cutpath was added.

Since this carving uses Vector cuts it should carve in Normal mode, about two hours. Best was 2 hr 20 min

The Scroll on the bottom is the only Raster carve.

If you have lots of Designer lock ups it may be the MPN folder (favorites) is too large, my computer slows down when that folder gets over 100 MB.

I also set the Llama cut depth to .065, the same depth as the Centerline depth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails llama 1test image cleamed llama removed.jpg   llama 1test image cleamed-cw.jpg   llama 1test image cleamed-cw.jpg   llama 1test image cleamed-removed unused data.jpg  

Last edited by bjbethke; 07-13-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thanks BJB

I am not sure how it was made some one on this list did it for me last year, just been too ill to use till this year, it carves nice when you carve it with a 60deg v bit and set depth at .035 but just too much of a pain to make changes. I am going to take some good advise from below and just destroy this file and quit working with it, it is not my favorite on anyhow, i had bought 4 of these line drawing from this lade last year, and for a pretty penny, just couldn't find any of you that had time last year, but i am going to get rid of all of them and start over looking for new designs, they are so hard to do since i use them for signs for llama shows and the drawing of the llama has to be just right since most of the superitendent are also judges and they want the perfect llama. somone are here is working on one real nice full body design and it was great but all the sample awards i sent the superintendent were turned down becaue it neck was not in paporation to its back, llama show people are strange, (my wife use to be one)
    Thanks for all your help on this one, I will give this llama one more try with all your suggestions but am getting so upset with it just thinking of giving up on it.

Thanks so much for everything and everyone on here for all the help. Maybe i should just stick to fixing machines since i have no art talent at all.

but thanks to all
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    Thanks BJB

I am not sure how it was made some one on this list did it for me last year, just been too ill to use till this year, it carves nice when you carve it with a 60deg v bit and set depth at .035 but just too much of a pain to make changes. I am going to take some good advise from below and just destroy this file and quit working with it, it is not my favorite on anyhow, i had bought 4 of these line drawing from this lade last year, and for a pretty penny, just couldn't find any of you that had time last year, but i am going to get rid of all of them and start over looking for new designs, they are so hard to do since i use them for signs for llama shows and the drawing of the llama has to be just right since most of the superitendent are also judges and they want the perfect llama. somone are here is working on one real nice full body design and it was great but all the sample awards i sent the superintendent were turned down becaue it neck was not in paporation to its back, llama show people are strange, (my wife use to be one)
    Thanks for all your help on this one, I will give this llama one more try with all your suggestions but am getting so upset with it just thinking of giving up on it.

Thanks so much for everything and everyone on here for all the help. Maybe i should just stick to fixing machines since i have no art talent at all.

but thanks to all
    Tim
    Tim if you PM me an e-mail address I could send you the pattern files I used to change your MPC. To make changes to the Llama image you need to do that with the MPC of the Llama image only - and use the group or "Select All" function.

Note: you can't make changes if you have a "Cutpath" installed in the MPC file. That is the way the CW Designer works.

This is the image of the cleaned Llama MPC file that you need to use to make changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails llama 1test image cleamed-cw.jpg  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456