Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Quote Originally Posted by dougmsbbs View Post
    I did the same thing as Ken. Just to make sure, I opened 3 copies of the same file into Designer at the same time, and did everything to them I could as far as picking and choosing fonts and changing things. With three files loaded it of course slowed things down a bit, but I had no problems at all.
    hey dougmsbbs

what version are you using of designer. is there any setting you think i should change
    Tiom

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Tim,
    I would expect odd things to happen with several MPC projects open at one time!
    I don't take that chance. I know that I may need 2 open at once, if I'm going to Copy & Paste between the two. However, I would rather close the one as soon as I get the needed images.

What I do, when I want to make a 2nd version of the same basic design is this:
    I bring up, just, the original and "Save" it as a "new file name". It may now be changed/altered as I desire. This keeps only one file active , in Designer, at one time.

I think what you/we are seeing (or not seeing), is the same phenomenon which we experience with 2-sided carves. There, we see that the carving list remains the same when we change from front to back until we highlight a known carving function on the back. At that instant, the carving list will change to that of the back. The situation occurs again when we return to the front.

In your case, what may be happening, with the carving list, is the data may be hiding behind a [+] box.
    AskBud
    thanks bud

i even tried flipping it over adding something to the other side flip it back and see if the carving list shows back up and nothing no matter what, but if i shut down and they restart designer it will work again. puzzled me

Angry another problem and i don't like this one at all still with same file

now it will not "save as" (i just never used it before on this file) it will let me "save" but if you have made 2 or 3 changes to the design and then try using "save as" it will show save screen for a second or two and then the pop up save screen disappears and nothing will work can't even close designer. now if you save the changes by using the "save command or button and then do the save as it works. but if you made a couple changes the popup screen where you can tell it where or what to save it as disappears. really stinks
    can you guys try this one on that file. don't know what it is but now it does all of this on both computer xp pro ver 1.170 and win 7 ver 1.179
    I have to have something set wrong on my pc's or something the GUI doesn't like about some of our machine. it is now about 1/2 and 1/2 with and with out the problem, i can't wait to see what it does on this for you guys. i can't wait to see what the setting on your guys machines are, the answer is out there somewhere. it has to do with size i think, i don't know if the gui uses a v memory and is it set high enough. i just don't know enough about my computer
    thanks again for all the help
    Tim

Hi all

I am still having problems with the large files. I have done everything you guys sugested and still have problems with it no doing a save as unless you do a save first and that just doesn't get it when your doing several signs that are the same but name change or something little like that. you have to give up on the first one by saving the second can't do a "save as" unless all changes on the sign have been "saved" plus i still have all the other problems with this and all large files. can one of you that it works on please tell me what computer you are using and what all your settings are. I know have the same file on 3 computers all computers with newly downloaded designer and registered and it will not work on the lap top either which is the one i tried it on last week. so i have it not working on laptop with win 7 and desktop xp and another desktop xp took all links away between them and they all do the same stupid stuff. there has to be an answer. it has to be in the GUI , i can't believe i have the setting on all my computers that different than all of yours.
    please little more help. Please let me know what setting you have on your computers that will work and change the font and do a save as after you have changed something so it is not just a font thing , the save as pull down window just goes away if you type in a file name for it, and push enter it will save the file and let you back in to the program under the new name but you have to make sure you put in what you want because you can't see what you typed. and when you have done that a couple times all the names in the carve list will disappear. this is just mind boggling.
    Thanks
    Tim

Question does this happen only with huge files like the one you uploaded? if so you might need to upgrade to a cad station video card...

also you normaly need to save once before using save as and bigger means slower so look at your virus/malware checker it could be slowing the drive down.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Question does this happen only with huge files like the one you uploaded? if so you might need to upgrade to a cad station video card...

also you normaly need to save once before using save as and bigger means slower so look at your virus/malware checker it could be slowing the drive down.
    thank you for the reply. what type of video card do you use? what virus checker do you suggest?
    I know there was a couple other on here that got the same results with the file, can you tell me what version of designer you are using and what OS? just trying to see what it is working on and what it is not working on maybe i will learn something.
    Thanks and sorry for taking up so much time

It's a new machine,

windows 7 premium 64 bit
    8 gigs system ram
    quadro 2000 video card 1 gig

Question same result on 5th computer i have tried on,

my son was down and i loaded designer on his machine, just the 30 day version but the up to date version. also downloaded the test file like you guys did. and it gave me all the problems. What is up with this why is your two machine the only ones that will work? Does any one have a 3 gig design that doesn't have as many line segments to let me try on my machines.
    Some thing has to be wrong with the program that makes it only compatibly to something in your machines, I have tried on 5 machines now plus the one on here that failed so i don't know what else to do. i have tried another large llama file i have and it does the same thing so it is not just that file or ptn so i am lost. I have checked all machine for any virus or maulware, separated the home machine, update to current designer. Have done everything i can think of. I am looking for more things to try. any ideas beside buying a new graphics card,
    Has any on from CArvewright tried it on there machines to see what happens to them?
    please don't give up on me. i know i will be using more large files and so will other people that are having this problem. It just drives me nuts when something isn't working like it should.
    HELP HELP before i got totally crazy (not too far a leap now)

Tim:

I pulled in the file again (successfully this time). The "head honcho" even looked at it.

The pattern for the llama that you have is just not acceptable to carve on any machine. It has thousands and thousand of paths, doubled lines and zig zags all over the place. I suggest you find a new llama pattern or someone that can assist you in cleaning this llama up (if possible) to something workable.

As far as your post about the fonts going away, you have about 4 or 5 of these monsters open. I'm surprised your whole computer didn't pack it's bags and sob "I quit! I just can't do it!"

Delete the llama and resave the file. It goes down from 3,681 KB to 70 KB. If I add the Angel Frieze from the Pattern Library, it still only takes it to 700 KB.

I would ask the good people on this forum, if they can help you find a new llama or you could offer to pay someone to do it for you.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Tim:

How are you creating this llama pattern?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast