Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Default extra MPN files

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    Thanks all
    thanks for all the help, i found the problem, i found a .mpn file not a favorite.mpn but found a basic.mpn file, and found it in a strange folder but kept getting synced every time i synced the machines, but it was in a system folder, now to top it all off it started doing it again and i could of shoot the computer put i found another one, it didn't have a name just space space.mpn can you believe that and that caused it, it was 8,346kb and was not in the carve wright folder, so somewhere in my good sync program something is happening. Why does designer make so many favorite folder maybe that would help me understand what i do to make all the odd .mpn folders.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are the best
    Tim
    One thing that can cause the problem, is to attempt to open the MPN file outside of the designer program. Check the MPN file within Designer instead.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

space.mpn can you believe that and that caused it, it was 8,346kb and was not in the carve wright folder
    To limit this issue I only update Designer in the same directory as the original. if you need accesses to a old firmware or have issue with the new build I recommend to make a copy of Designer save it in a new area, then update Designer without changing its original directory name or location.

Thanks for all the help it is loading now but it is a large file like i said an i am having other problems with large files like this one. here is where you can download the file http://filesave.me/file/10916/test-file-mpc.html
    The problem i am having now is you can't do to much to it with out GUI closing and stops working. The first thing you will notice is if you change the font on the ribbon on the bottom it will lock up. what you have to do is go to edit text and scroll down different fonts and once you scrolled through about 15 to 20 of them( it think that is how many) it will just lock up and say GUI stopped working, any ideas on how to get the program to work better with larger files and not have this problem.
    Any ideas PLEASE. This is the Llama i have to use on everything until i learn how to do them better and in 3 d or 2.5d, i will figure that out some day and have a cool 2.5d pattern done of a llama, i would love to have on on a trail or foot path of some sort.
    hope this link works have no idea of how to post any other files.

Thanks for any help
    Tim

I didn't have any luck. I just got a bunch of this kind of stuff: %IN1Knݎ%fpZ茍y1laC+35Bp 9 ךq.vQ˳6> v;iSkI1Fj2lf k *WX 9S_`__2-R~WHQFҺvs|J&a'QWy)#WB0Q; !SkU~8 ?u7% ;In Cz Rc؇^{c E8};mUO/B87hH>~4*ڧPIm"KK;8Qj-L:Mu$͹#xx+{K4g=hhR~y xRKGG6+l]i|V,cHV
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I didn't have any luck. I just got a bunch of this kind of stuff: %IN1Knݎ%fpZ茍y1laC+35Bp9 ךq.vQ˳6>v;iSkI1Fj2lf k *WX 9S_`__ƅ2-R~WHQFҺvs|J&a'QWy)#WB0Q;!Sk U~8 ?u7% ;In Cz Rc؇^{c E8};mUO/B87hH>~4*ڧPIm"KK;8Qj-L:Mu$͹#xx+{K4g=hhR~yxRKGG6+l]i|V,cHV
    I got the same thing.. I think you have a couple of things going on here. With this large of a mpc file and if you have a lot of patterns loaded into your favorites file you are fighting for computer memory with each other and it is locking up your system...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Are you using a Mac or PC?
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

now it does the same thing to me so what is the best way to get you a copy of this ,mpc file? i am not sure why the file share didn't work it did the first time for me, maybe too many people downloaded it and there is some kind of limit. is there a way to compress this and is there a better way to send it to you. it is 3.9MB
    I will send it to you anyway you can think of, i even tried to put it on my website but when you click the page all you get it all the weird number and stuff.
    Just let me know how i can get it to you and i will do ASAP this will be a fun one to mess with and see what is up and why the program is crapping out. I don't think it is my computer size it is a pretty big system since my son does some code writing on it and we both do a lot of large 3d cad file from mechanical desktop but maybe the program is not allocating enough space or something like that i am not up on that kind of things.

Thanks
    Tim
    e

Default Resave the MPC file to your personal site

It appears that you did not, properly, save the MPC file to your personal site.
    Your filename ends with (.html) as shown here:
    < file http://filesave.me/file/10916/test-file-mpc.html >
    It should end with (MPC) or (MPW). Search your PC for another file, with the same name that ends in MPC or MPW. You may need to set your PC to display "hidden files" in order to find it.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Default more problem with GUI

Thanks i will try to upload another copy of it.

But i have found one other problem with the GUi and large files, some time i loss all the carving names in the carving list, can any one explain this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	45585 just kind of strange

Thanks
    Tim

Default Multi projects open

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    Thanks i will try to upload another copy of it.

But i have found one other problem with the GUi and large files, some time i loss all the carving names in the carving list, can any one explain this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	45585 just kind of strange

Thanks
    Tim
    From your attached picture, it would appear that you have quite a few projects open at one time (review the data line just above the current design). I would think this would tax the ability of the GUI program to operate correctly without aborting.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast