Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Default I got the file uploaded now. please try and see what happens to you

I think i finally got the mpc uploaded to a place where some of you can try things with it and see if it is my computers or if there is some way to set it up to work better on larger files like mine. let try this link. let me know if it doesn't work. it worked for me so i hope, here goes http://www.mediafire.com/?a9go9q68ahexcpf

Thanks all and sorry for taking so much of your time. is there anyone that is using files over 3mg and are they working okay for you, and if so could i try one on my system and see if it is something i am doing or what?

Thanks
    Tim

The file downloaded fine from your link. It loads and runs fine on my system, Windows XP with 2 gig ram, if that helps narrow it down any.

Hi Tim,

I loaded up your test file with no problem (Ver 1.179 on XL Pro plus) -- I did note you have a crooked line on one side of the plaque
    and that the depth of the Llama is set at .035 60 V- Groove Bit -- a little shallow for me -- kind of hard to see with the wood grain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LlamaTest File 1a.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I can alter the MPC fine with my 1-Gig HP system at the lake.
    I would also suggest that "Ohio State Fair" be on the same line of text.

How does it react, for you, when you only have the one MPC active?
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I just returned to my main location and downloaded the file here. It compiles, to the memory card, fine.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

can you guys go in and change the font. change it to a font that is about 25 font away from the font it is in now. that is when the GUI stop working on my system, i am running win7 with 9 gig of ram so that should not be the problem. What do you goes have your rendering cache set at maybe that is the problem.
    There is something going on here and maybe it is with WIN 7. let me know if changing the font does anything with your computer.
    On the depth of the 60deg V bit cut if you go any deeper it looks bad because it cut the other line off, i don't like the drawing but it is the only one i had to work with at the time, I just don't understand the other problems. does anyone out there have a mpc that is greater than 3 gig that i can try on my computer it see if it is a size issue or something else.

Thanks
    tim

what happens if you move half of the line segment that make up the llama, do you have any problems.

Thanks for spotting the crocked side of the plaque but i am going to live with the coplue i already have carved and just do a little sanding. but thanks. i will try some other thing with this big file and see if i come up with other problems.
    Thanks
    Tim

okay i tried it again right now and i edited the test from baskerville old fashion to calibri and it worked but if i take it back to baskerville and go to sego print it will close and sometime it will only let me get to the font starting with a d, can't figure out what is going on.
    Thanks
    Tim

Default GUI Abort

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    can you guys go in and change the font. change it to a font that is about 25 font away from the font it is in now. that is when the GUI stop working on my system, i am running win7 with 9 gig of ram so that should not be the problem. What do you goes have your rendering cache set at maybe that is the problem.
    There is something going on here and maybe it is with WIN 7. let me know if changing the font does anything with your computer.
    On the depth of the 60deg V bit cut if you go any deeper it looks bad because it cut the other line off, i don't like the drawing but it is the only one i had to work with at the time, I just don't understand the other problems. does anyone out there have a mpc that is greater than 3 gig that i can try on my computer it see if it is a size issue or something else.

Thanks
    tim
    Tim,
    I see what you mean!
    On either text area, if you bull up or down the font list in an attempt to preview/change to a different font, you will get an GUI abort. If I only move 5 or so at a time (selecting that new font, and then moving on) I seem to avoid the abort.

I would think it is a flaw in the Font selection code. My test was with W-7 and CW Designer-1.177. What Designer version are you using?
    I'll pass on the problem to my contact at LHR
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

I tried with a few different Fonts and Spacings, also moved some of the Text around
    so it could be carved a little larger -- I moved down 26 fonts, still no Problems or aborts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LlamaTest File 2a.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-02-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast