Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having software issues like temler

Default Having software issues

I am having the same issues of the designer not loading. It has been working fine and today nothing just shows it loading. I removed the program losing the patterns I bought from H.T. I have tried running as administrator and nothing!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 07-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Guess I will call LHR tomorrow..............................

I must be on the black list, sorry to bother you guys! Wow used to get help right away! Thanks Eddie for the PM.

Ike

Ha ha. You've been waiting half as long as I have. Can you fix my circle problem?

LOL.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Well Rick I would love to help, but I Can't OPEN MY DESIGNER! Have you tried carving the project without a sled? Plus if the board is not the size you input in the design it should ask you if you want to scale. The purpose of the sled is to use the rollers and you are not. So if you use a sled you need to add 7" to the length of your project and use the rollers. The width should be what the actual size of the board inputted in the design.

Anyway I don't use a sled or the rollers and if I use a board that size is different then what I inputted into the designer I scale when prompted. I.E. 8" X 24" project and the board is 7.5" X 24" then I scale. That is what I would try carve the project on some scrap wood without the sled.

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 07-13-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Anyway I don't use a sled or the rollers and if I use a board that size is different then what I inputted into the designer I scale when prompted. I.E. 8" X 24" project and the board is 7.5" X 24" then I scale. That is what I would try carve the project on some scrap wood without the sled.

Ike
    Thanks, Ike. I lol'd when I read the first line - sorry. LOL. But, your idea is what I guess I'll plan to do next. I've got some wood large enough to do that in one piece, but I had *thought* I had gone through that already with the fact I'd set my board settings to exactly the sled's dimensions. I'm really confused about why this circle wouldn't still be a circle.

Odd, that. GOOD LUCK finding a solution to your problem!

Rick
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Oh you might want to see if it is measuring correctly also. You may need to recalibrate the x or length measurement.

Ike,
    Sorry about your troubles. I went through similar problems. I ended up reformatting my Hard Drive and re-installing my Win7 OS. There is a pattern file somewhere on your HD that Designer is loading that is corrupt. It might be in a temp directory or anywhere. My GUI was really screwy for a while. It will be a real pain and frustrating until you find it. Look for a thread I started with GUI in it as that may help.

Sorry for your troubles. If I find anything or remember any more details I will let you know.

Edit: Here is the link: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...elp..-GUI-Dead
    Last edited by SteveEJ; 07-14-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Thanks Steve I said I was having the same issues as Temler, but after reading I am not. Like you the issue was crashing, mine is not loading. I double click the icon and it just stays in load mode. If I try it as administrator they I can't get it to cancel. So I have reboot, I have defragged, recovered to previous date, only found the mpn files in the program files and deleted them.

I have the designer on my other computer, but I have lost all my recent patterns I bought from H.T. www.carvenow.com. Guess it doesn't matter I removed my designer and reinstalled the designer from a 1.170 disc.

Thank you for helping.

Ike

Hi Ike,

It is so great to see you here regularly again!! We certainly miss you whenever your busy schedule takes you away from us!

A tip... you must install "As Administrator" (right-click on the Designer installation *.exe file and select the "Install As Administrator" option) on a Win 7 system. Doing that will assure all is well and Designer will run just fine after that.

As far as your patterns...do a search of your hard drive for the original favorites.mpn file. If you locate more than one, use the larger file-size one. That's the one that should have all your patterns in it. Do NOT delete any of your .mpn files...rather, just re-name them in case you ever need to access them at some time in the future. EXAMPLE..."favorites.OLDmpn_1""favorites.OLDmpn_2" ...etc.

Hope that helps!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast