Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Default GUI failure

Here is a snapshot of the failure encountered as I bulled up or down the font selection list.
    See my previous post.
    AskBud
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GUI Failure 7-2-2011.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	45592
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I just finished Scrolled from top to bottom picking and viewing fonts as I went with no problems -- ???

Ver 1.179 on XL Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Computer -- System 1a.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

No issues on my computer with the MPC, I think a smart thing would be to look at your video drivers and increase Designers memory, Large files requires better video memory.
    As a side note I would turn "off" the "toggle labels" to increase chip ram as you have a ton of paths that do not need the visual dimensions overhead.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    Tim,
    I see what you mean!
    On either text area, if you bull up or down the font list in an attempt to preview/change to a different font, you will get an GUI abort. If I only move 5 or so at a time (selecting that new font, and then moving on) I seem to avoid the abort.

I would think it is a flaw in the Font selection code. My test was with W-7 and CW Designer-1.177. What Designer version are you using?
    I'll pass on the problem to my contact at LHR
    AskBud

thanks bud
    i am so glad someone else had the problem, I can also change the font if i only go 10 to 20 fonts and use that one and then i can go down another 10 or 20 fonts. I thought i was going crazy. I am using cw designer 1.179 on WIN 7 home pre

now if you leave that file on there and work on a couple other designs or maybe 2 copies of the large file it will eventually lose all the names in the carving list, i don't how long this takes but it has happened several time to me when i have more than one opened and one of them is the 3+mg file, any ideas on this.

Thanks
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    No issues on my computer with the MPC, I think a smart thing would be to look at your video drivers and increase Designers memory, Large files requires better video memory.
    As a side note I would turn "off" the "toggle labels" to increase chip ram as you have a ton of paths that do not need the visual dimensions overhead.
    Thanks Liquidguitars

I am not sure how to increase the designers memory and what should i be look for at the video drivers. Thanks for the idea of toggling off the labels i will do that.

I will increase the memory if someone would let me know how.

Thanks
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    I just finished Scrolled from top to bottom picking and viewing fonts as I went with no problems -- ???

Ver 1.179 on XL Pro
    thanks for taking the time to do this for me, i know how to get around the problem now but i don't know why it didn't it and that bothers me more. when you tested the font did you try scrolling fast down or up and scroll more that 30 to 40 fonts before previewing them, that is when it dies on me.

Thanks again for all the help
    Tim

Default Several MPC files open

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    thanks bud
    i am so glad someone else had the problem, I can also change the font if i only go 10 to 20 fonts and use that one and then i can go down another 10 or 20 fonts. I thought i was going crazy. I am using cw designer 1.179 on WIN 7 home pre

now if you leave that file on there and work on a couple other designs or maybe 2 copies of the large file it will eventually lose all the names in the carving list, i don't how long this takes but it has happened several time to me when i have more than one opened and one of them is the 3+mg file, any ideas on this.

Thanks
    Tim
    Tim,
    I would expect odd things to happen with several MPC projects open at one time!
    I don't take that chance. I know that I may need 2 open at once, if I'm going to Copy & Paste between the two. However, I would rather close the one as soon as I get the needed images.

What I do, when I want to make a 2nd version of the same basic design is this:
    I bring up, just, the original and "Save" it as a "new file name". It may now be changed/altered as I desire. This keeps only one file active , in Designer, at one time.

I think what you/we are seeing (or not seeing), is the same phenomenon which we experience with 2-sided carves. There, we see that the carving list remains the same when we change from front to back until we highlight a known carving function on the back. At that instant, the carving list will change to that of the back. The situation occurs again when we return to the front.

In your case, what may be happening, with the carving list, is the data may be hiding behind a [+] box.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Tim,

I have 424 Fonts and Ding Bats on this Pc, most of which I can use in Designer,
    I slammed the slide bar form top to bottom of the Font List on the pull down menu,
    picking and trying different fonts as fast as I could. I did the same thing with the
    Scroll Wheel on my Mouse, jumping 10 to a 100 or more Fonts at a time, still no problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 424 Fonts on this Pc.jpg   Designer Fonts.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-03-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

I did the same thing as Ken. Just to make sure, I opened 3 copies of the same file into Designer at the same time, and did everything to them I could as far as picking and choosing fonts and changing things. With three files loaded it of course slowed things down a bit, but I had no problems at all.

thanks guys but mine is still doing it and now i have put designer on my xp pro machine and it does it on there also. i am using ver 1.179 if that matters.
    I have 305 fonts on one machine and 518 plus wing ding on the other machine. any ideas on what setting i have set wrong.
    any way you can give me a snapshot of your setting like how much RAM, what video card, how much memory allocated to video, and the other setting you think might make a difference. how about the setting in the preference tab of designer. just anything you guys think might be doing this problem. it drives me nuts because i forget to save the project before i change fonts i lose all my work, kind of stinks.
    Any ideas from anyone out there as to what setting might need changed. I don't have an old copy of designer to try on my machine.
    Thanks again for all the help
    Tim

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast