Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

Angry Calling that best of the best minds on here. GUI.exe has stopped working,

hi all

i have tried everything i can think of and still no success, i have deleted all the favorites files but one with about 6k i think, have reloaded the program, have spent days reading the list again and again. trying everything i can think of, but still I can only load mpc files that are some where under 2,835 KB. this size one will not open and the last one that will open is 2073 KB, i don't have any patterns that are in between that size but i know as soon as it goes over the 2073 KB files size it give me the attached
    and i don't like that, i have tried about everything.
    here is a twist that will make any one on here go HUM.
    I have another copy and it is on a win xp machine and it is 1.170 and it is doing the same thing but it will not even open up that large of a file.
    the computer i am wanting it to work on is a win 7 running the newest version of designer i think it is 1.179. so i have not idea what i have done here. i think the gremlin has found his way to all my computers. Of course i did sync all my data file onto a network drive and then keep them sync to all the computer so i can use any computer to work on but i have no idea how that would do this.

Thanks
    Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

I am taking a Wild AL Guess here and think the Network Sync is the problem... So my WAG is that while the file is loading this Sync Stuff is "Gagging" due to something as simple as Band Width to something as off the wall to Dueling CW Designer Versions... between 3 computers.

That's my Guess....

I am a Hardware Guy....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Make sure you are running the win 7 machine as an administrator. The problem could be with networking the files. Take one of the files that will not open and put it back on the computer hard drive and try opening or put it on a a flash drive and try opening. If it opens then the problem lies in networking the files. You are not running the program itself from the networked drive are you? If you are that is most likely your problem. The program must be run from the computer itself.

I am with Al, on the network sync. If you uninstall designer on one computer (including the favorite.mpn file). Then reinstall designer, letting it build the favorite.mpn file, my guess it it will work for you. Many sync programs do funny thing to files attributes and file headers. Course this could be just a bad sync that ended up messing up all the files.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Do a windows search for *.MPN you can have a few of them in different locations on your drive... make sure you delete all of them the bad side is you will loose your rasters but you be able to work.

I deleted all the *.mpn files and that didn't work so i deleted all my data files, all the ptn, stl, mcp and everything i have for carvewright and it worked so i guess i will just start slowly adding back all my file and see what causes it to crash again. who knows.
    Thanks for the help and if you have any ideas please let me know.

HOD should the preferences be set in the GUI

thanks
    Tim

problems with both machines can make be pull out my hair, but i still love my machine

I deleted all the *.mpn files and that didn't work
    Hmmm... 9 out of 10 times it's a *.mpn file. thats the file that gets compiled and fraged.

I just got off the phone with a gentleman that had a very similar issue who was running Win 7 64 bit. His issue was that when he started the design software all of the patterns, including the basic license ones, were gone. Reinstallation of the software did not resolve it. After speaking with the software engineers and doing some testing we found that the issue was in security settings. The fix that we used to resolve it was to right-click on the gui icon and go to "properties". In the security settings there is an option to "Always Run As Administrator". This fixed this particular issue right away. A majority of our Win 7 64 issues have turned out to be permissions related so that may help quite a few issues out there.

Permissions related yes very true but admin will not fix the issues all the time why the user's raster compile file needs deleting... most of the permissions related crashing are having a old Designer install with a new install in separate locations on the drive then the GUI accessing the same file not unlike writing to a closed CD.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-24-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks all
    thanks for all the help, i found the problem, i found a .mpn file not a favorite.mpn but found a basic.mpn file, and found it in a strange folder but kept getting synced every time i synced the machines, but it was in a system folder, now to top it all off it started doing it again and i could of shoot the computer put i found another one, it didn't have a name just space space.mpn can you believe that and that caused it, it was 8,346kb and was not in the carve wright folder, so somewhere in my good sync program something is happening. Why does designer make so many favorite folder maybe that would help me understand what i do to make all the odd .mpn folders.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are the best
    Tim

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast