Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/4 slots in MPC ended up being cut 5/16

Smile

Just want to say THANKS to All for your replies and suggestions, sorry I haven't updated my progress sooner, but didn't get back to this project till a couple of days ago.

One of the things I ended up doing was using the 1/8" cutting bit instead of the carving bit and setting the grid size to 1/8" which helped as well for placement.

Attached is the final mpc just in case you would like to take a look.

Thanks again,

Bill....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cntbill View Post
    Just want to say THANKS to All for your replies and suggestions, sorry I haven't updated my progress sooner, but didn't get back to this project till a couple of days ago.

One of the things I ended up doing was using the 1/8" cutting bit instead of the carving bit and setting the grid size to 1/8" which helped as well for placement.

Attached is the final mpc just in case you would like to take a look.

Thanks again,

Bill....
    Hi Bill,

Glad you got that worked out. Your MPC looks great - very nice project!

I don't know if you already viewed the Tips & Tricks JAN 2011 video (link below), but it is geared for exactly this type of application.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb.../jan11tips.php
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Michael,

Thanks! That would have been the perfect tutorial for me to have watched before I started my project... very well done. Wow what I learned watching that would have saved me so much time... kick myself in the butt for not watching it sooner and now I have more ideas...lol I watched some of the tutorials and leaned quite a bit. I feel like a fool I didn't watch this sooner as I misunderstood the term pocket cuts, I was thinking "pocket cuts" were for joining using a biscuit cutter and biscuits... Little by little I am learning. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12