Thread: help on a logo

Default help on a logo

Tried to make a decent ptn from this logo by using the Tips & tricks oct/nov 2010 creating carvewright 3-D patterns from silhouetts, I tried multiple times with the paint.net that was used and when i get to final stageand try saving as a png, it keeps showing that this will flatten the image and i have no other choice, and the ptn is flattened , so i am not getting a 3-D ptn. any help would be appreciated
    needing this converted for a project that a client is needing
    steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo.jpg  
    Start U Member

Well correct me if m wrong but im pretty sure a flattened image only means that the layers you created will all flatten to combine and make the one image. As far as 3-d that is all in how the grayscale gradient is designed and how the Designer software sees the different levels of gray and black. Never hurts to give it a try and see how it turns out.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
    Tried to make a decent ptn from this logo by using the Tips & tricks oct/nov 2010 creating carvewright 3-D patterns from silhouetts, I tried multiple times with the paint.net that was used and when i get to final stageand try saving as a png, it keeps showing that this will flatten the image and i have no other choice, and the ptn is flattened , so i am not getting a 3-D ptn. any help would be appreciated
    needing this converted for a project that a client is needing
    steve
    Will this work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo 2_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

thanks BJ thats what i was trying to do, but each time i used the paint.net i kept getting the flat 2-D it did not even round the edges. had 4 layers in the image and the last thing it would do would flatten image when i saved, so not sure what i did diferent from the tips and tricks but thier Donzi logo turned out great.
    i will play with it somemore and try to figure out what I may be doing wrong. thanks again
    steve
    Start U Member

Before you flatten the layers, try saving your image work as a .pdn and posting so we can take a look.