Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pictures of your shop

Isn't amazing how much cleaner a work/business shop is compared to home shops? My shop at work stays clean (partly because of OSHA, Enviromental Services, and Safety agencies), but that's a good thing because it keeps my workers safe. My shop at home is nowhere near as clean.

John

Here's the Poplar Rails from Post #7 with the Base Color Coat over the Primer,
    and the finished Faux Rust Coat on the same Rails.

Now onto the next Project

Ps. Thanks for Lookin!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rail and Tie Display Stand 1a km.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-24-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Ken:

Did I get that right? You have slice after slice after slice glued together?

(By the way, I want to see a picture of the broken ear after you fixed it!)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Actually if you look close at the small cut away photo in post #7
    you can see that the base was a Glued up 1 1/2" x 6" x 37" block carved first, than the up-right as a 3/4", 2 sided dished carving
    and finally the top 1 1/2" x 3" x 37" glued up block as a domed and tapered 2 sided carving. Finished Rails are 5.5" x 5.5" x 36"
    Have to wait till next week when I'm back at the Shop to fine a photo of the repaired Ear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Section of Glued up Poplar Rail 1a km.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-24-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    Ken

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Actually if you look close at the small cut away photo in post #7
    you can see that the base was a Glued up 1 1/2" x 6" x 37" block carved first, than the up-right as a 3/4", 2 sided dished carving
    and finally the top 1 1/2" x 3" x 37" glued up block as a domed and tapered 2 sided carving. Finished Rails are 5.5" x 5.5" x 36"
    Have to wait till next week when I'm back at the Shop to fine a photo of the repaired Ear.
    Ken, you are amazing! I am so glad you showed us how you did it, I also thought it was all slices.
    Very impressive!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Kind of a slow day today, So -- I was thinking...

While we were talking about shops and how messy they can get, with piles of dust and chips accumulating on the floor around our machines and benches. I thought it would be helpful to have a small robotic cleaning unit zipping around the shop to clean up at least the floor after co-workers have forgotten to sweep or vacuum up after themselves. You know something like that flat kind of round vacuum for the home you see advertised on TV all the time. --- Well, I’m not to knowledgeable about Robotics or combining them with Vacuums, so I came up with an alternative --- Something you’d expect to fine hard at work in the TV show Warehouse 13. If you make a mess -- it chases you around the shop and repeatedly whacks you in the shins, to remind folks to clean up after themselves. I see the device as a cleaning incentive, -- by not having to limp out of the shop at the end of the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reminder-Bot 1a.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-26-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Ken

I'll order one if it can do windows .lol Thanks but my wife would come out to the shop to video the beating .Not a perrrtttty sight.
    Last edited by RogerB; 06-26-2011 at 06:33 PM.

I can't find the switch. Now what? Capt Barry

Get yourself up on a bench, take a couple Aspirin Tablets,
    and we'll see if we can get there by Thursday to look it over.

That something like our Maintenance Dept., always tells me.
    Ken

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenm810 View Post
    Kind of a slow day today, So -- I was thinking...

While we were talking about shops and how messy they can get, with piles of dust and chips accumulating on the floor around our machines and benches. I thought it would be helpful to have a small robotic cleaning unit zipping around the shop to clean up at least the floor after co-workers have forgotten to sweep or vacuum up after themselves. You know something like that flat kind of round vacuum for the home you see advertised on TV all the time. --- Well, I’m not to knowledgeable about Robotics or combining them with Vacuums, so I came up with an alternative --- Something you’d expect to fine hard at work in the TV show Warehouse 13. If you make a mess -- it chases you around the shop and repeatedly whacks you in the shins, to remind folks to clean up after themselves. I see the device as a cleaning incentive, -- by not having to limp out of the shop at the end of the day.
    Uh oh, I think I saw one of those skitterin' around under one of my work benches!! LOL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast