Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pictures of your shop

Wichita, Kansas, United States, 105674782800210, Wichita, Kansas

Cool Post pictures of your shop

I would be intrested in seeing the layout of other shops. Would be great for new ideas. Post up some pic's if you have'm Thx!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01ShopWichitaJune2011.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	45062

Just take your shop, cut it in half, double the stuff in it, cover the floor (and everything else) with sawdust, unpaint the walls and you've got my shop! <- insert smiley
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Wichita, Kansas, United States, 105674782800210, Wichita, Kansas

Thanks Jaroot, sounds like you have a small shop like mine. Just wondering if anyone has new Ideas to maximize space, anything new you've come up with?

Not really. I just try and have everything on a mobile base of some kind and try to push them out of the way when not in use. I have built a tall mobile unit that holds my planer and has shelves above and below to hold other bench top type tools. I mounted paint can holders on one side of it. I've posted pics of it in my album. I'm not very organized by nature so the shop is kind of a disaster area. About once or twice a year I really get after it but it soon clutters up again. Everybody, myself included, figures that if something doesn't have a place, put it in the garage.

I lied. It isn't in my album. Try this link: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...15773-Can-Rack
    Last edited by jaroot; 06-12-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Overhead storage a must.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

6. Default

My shop is my garage, I am a wood and tool hoarder. I would be to embarrassed to post a pic. but I love it.

I was working today on one of the Goofy projects that I get into (3ft section of Carved Wooden Rail Road Track)
    of course with a yesterdays Deadline!! --anyway you can see south end of the shop in one of the photos.
    The life size rails are made up of 7 carved pieces of poplar, now glued up and primed, ready for the faux rusted steel finish,
    I've got the Red Oak ties cut-out and torch/charred, I'll use a high speed wire wheel to make the wood grain stand out for the staining.
    I had the actual steel Rails in the shop, but artist said the 90lb per rail was just to heavy to deal with,
    so she decided on going with the Poplar a little less than 10lb per rail

Ps. It's all going to be used as part of a Dispaly, for a Sphere of Ceramic Art -- balancing between the Rails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poplar Wood Rails 1a km 2011.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

My shop is in the basement and all my machines are on wheels except my lathe which I very seldom use. I have a section tarped off to help keep the dust contained to one area and my carving room is an old fruit cellar under my front porch, and I use this to keep the noise down low. Other than that I have 2 benches with storage under them and a roll-a-way tool box. My work area is maybe 12X12. Pictures wouldn't do it any justice.....believe me.

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

9. Default

That ain't right Ken. That just ain't right. Where are the piles of sawdust? How about the stack of tools that need to be put away? I'd put up a picture of my shop but the firemarshal would track me down and lock me up.

Here's Photo of the down sized Faux Finished R/R Ties to go along with the Rails I did yesterday.

Terry, -- This is also a shot of the Crating Shop -- next to my Prep Shop
    to each as own I guess -- I at least, like to see the Bench I'm Working On!

Ps. There's actually more than 3 benchs under all that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faux Finish on scaled down Red Oak Rail Road Ties.jpg   South End of one of the other Shops in our Building.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-22-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast