Thread: Cw acting strange

Default Cw acting strange

I went to carve a project with the CW today and a new problem arose. I used it yesterday without any problem. Today I loaded a board, called up the project menu and selected my project. The CW went into homing mode and asked me if I wanted to stay under the rollers. I said no. The CW then measured the board, gave me the dimensions and I pressed “keep original size”, “center on board” no do not cut to size. Then a message comes up “ Press enter to continue: board (back)”. I’ve never seen this message before especially at this point of the carving. I press enter and the CW rolls the board in like it usually does just before it asks you to load the bit but then goes into measuring the board. It measures the width of the board, moves the board an inch or so back and forth across the length and says “select vector bit: 3/8” jointing. At this point I press stop and abort because the project doesn’t require that bit it will only be using a1/16” carving bit. I have tried several times. I’ve turned the machine off and back on, tried a different project, cleared and reformatted the card and loaded a new project but I still get the same results. Anyone have any ideas?
    I have 173 hrs on the CW, 80 lbs head pressure and the shop temperature is 68 degrees.
    Last edited by chkorte; 06-11-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Is your carving project two sided? if so the machine is telling you that it will carve the back side of the project first. When you designed your project did you select any bits from the list in designer? check your project in designer, and make sure the proper bit is seleected.

Sounds like you have something on the back side of the boards.. Go back to the computer and check your MPC to see if any thing is on the backside of the project...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Sounds like you have something on the back side of the boards.. Go back to the computer and check your MPC to see if any thing is on the backside of the project...
    I checked and yes there was something on the back of both projects. How in the world it got there I'll never know. Going to get the card and reload the project now. Will let you know how it goes.

The carving gremlins!!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

That did it. I eliminated the things on the back of the board in the mpc, reloaded the project on the card and am now happily carving away,
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t figure out how the objects got on the back of theboard in the mpc. I didn’t put them there and this is a project I made from scratch. Just goes to show you that you learn something new about this machine all the time. Thanks again

7. Default

Glad you solved you problem, just had to comment on the 68 degree shop!!! Thats only a vague memory here in Kentucky.... Its 97 in my shop, the cw is humming along about to finish up on some trim pieces for a cherry dresser...

Enjoy
    Daniel Smith
    www.quarrydesignswoodworking.com

Way back when I was a New Guy in 2007 I opened a 2 sided project for the board size then made new art on the front. Never deleted the back... Went to Cut it on the CW and the machine asked for a strange bit.... I missed the Back of the Board message....

Was confused and came here and asked the same question.... Got the Same Answer....

So with over 5000 posts everyone needs to remember "We were all NEW Once..."

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Definitely sucked to be new. But this was and still is the place to come for answers.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Being late to the game being "new" wasn't too bad for us cause you guys had already had our problems and were really quick to jump in and help us out. If it hadn't been for you guys we probably would have chucked the machine and moved on.

So I guess that means that it's your fault that I spend so much money on wood and bits, etc.! <-insert smiley
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.