Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: board thickness always 5" and to thick to cut through note comes up

It sounds like a sensor issue to me. To make sure you aren't getting any corruptions in the interpretations of the homing data I would try reformatting your memory card first. If that doesn't work, do some length and width board measurements to see if the board height issue is isolated or part of a larger issue. It could be any number of the hardware parts related to board data during homing. If you are still seeing an issue give us a call at Hardware Support for further assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by temler View Post
    hi again
    why is my machine now decided all boards are 5" thick, i think it is a sensor issue but not for sure and thought one of you might have seen this before,

Thanks
    Tim
    Not sure what you mean your machine always reads your board is always 5 inches thick?

Did you set you MPC to 5 inches? Really need to see you MPC.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Angry Still not working right,

Still showing 5" when i measure thickness of the board and when you try to do a project it does everything correct and touches the plate twice, goes below the wood but it still comes up with wood is too think to cut through. tried measuring thickness by control panel command comes up 5" . tried different ptn. checked all sensors and they all working. when checking z sensor what number should you get when the z is all the way up?
    I don't know if it matters or not but i still have not upgraded to the new z bundle, but no short in ribbon cable.
    what else can i try?
    HELP
    Sensor shows it is working by numbers going up and down as you move z truck
    using newest version of software
    What the heck is this thing doing,
    I can't think of anything else at all to try.
    Thanks
    Tim

I merged the two threads that were discussing the same topic.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Tim:

Tell me exactly what the error message says. Word for word, because we are looking in the error messages trying to find your error and can't.

Is it the "Board is Too Thick to Cut" error message? If so, this is addressed in the Troubleshooting Guide which is available online at www.carvewright.com under SUPPORT - MAINTENANCE - second link.

Here is a direct link to the Troubleshooting Guide: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...ting_Guide.pdf

Make sure you are also upgraded to the current firmware if you can..

also check your MPC and change the depth to .805" thick or smaller, sounds like it could be related to " cut control settings"

Edit: this only happens when you use 07 measure?
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks so much for all the help, and it only cost me a dime to fix the problem, that is great. Thanks Lynnfred for the dime idea, never would of thought of that. thanks to everyone else for all the ideas to try.

I thought i had more problems because i could not post to the list anymore, that maybe i asked too many question but I had changed my profile email address and forgot that i had to verify the new email address before i could post so two problems fixed now and on to making more problems.
    Thanks to all
    Tim

Yeah, another issue resolved!

Here is an explanation as I understand it and I'm not real technical, so forgive me, if my terminology is not exact.

The machine goes below the board on the keypad side to measure the thickness. The Model A machines had an ox sensor that was made of plastic. Overtime and a lot of bit taps, the plastic can get a hole worn into it, so that the bit just keeps going through and errors that the board is too thick. The model B & C machines have a metal plate that it hits rather than the plastic, so you shouldn't see this error unless the board is truly too thick! The dime fits there nicely and provides a solid surface for the bit to hit.

The Troubleshooting Guide became available online right after the CarveWright Conference.

Default interesting problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imported Photos 00001.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	749.9 KB 
ID:	45549Thanks again lynnfrwd

is this just a problem with A models with out the z pack revision, The reason i ask is because one of my other machine has the same board sensor with the same two hole in it and it works with out any dime or anything. So some where in the z pack revision there must of done something, I would really like to know what. Also I have a couple board sensors in stock on the shelf and they both have the same hole already made into them can you see what is up with this, i know the fix but why doesn't it do it on my machine with the z pack with new cable installed.
    What version of firmware did it start happening on?
    Attached is a picture of the new sensor and it looks the same that is in the machine that i had to use the dime on and it is also the same with the model A with the upgrade Z pack installed on it and it works with out the dime. Can you figure that one out, just for further reference.
    Thanks again for all the help
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12