Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW UserGroups Now Forming Near U

Jeff, I live over by Warsaw, Mo and just looking for the time to get together with someone. I am one of those not so puter bright with sooo many questions. Too much on this forum are words way over my head, just simple minded, and at the very beginning of talks I am lost. I seem to learn so much more from watching how something is done then reading words I don't understand. Some woodworking plans I have to read for days till the light bulb comes on where I understand the language the writer is using. Kind of like a professor designs a jet, college grad flys the jet, and a high school grad maintains the jet. If a get together happen in Mo, I would VERY MUCH try and go. I wanted and looked into going down to Texas for the get together, but once I looked into my funds, was not possible. Yes, I have thought about contacting you and a few others for a visit to pick brains. Even Yellville Arkansas providing I get a green card. (Smillie Face inserted) So yes, I would try to go on a MO mind cruncher.

Oh yea, I am just a high school grad, but then again I retired at age 48!!

Here is the form to fill out for those looking for a UsersGroup or wanting to start one: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...erscroups.html
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

OK, I filled out the form.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    OK, I filled out the form.
    jaroot...I never got the form.

I went through all of them and did not find one from you. Kinda scary! Hope I'm not missing a bunch some how.

Can you fill it out again? Here is the link:http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...erscroups.html

Filled it out again. If you don't get it this time PM me and I'll give you the information that way.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroot View Post
    Filled it out again. If you don't get it this time PM me and I'll give you the information that way.
    I got it that time.

We have added some more UserGroups for US & Canada, so if you haven't checked out the list lately, it is time to look again!!

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...serscroups.php

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

The Westen Washington Users group will be having it's next meeting on September 28th at 1pm in Spanaway. This month we will be discussing software techniques. We will be Grandmapam's. Please send me PM and I will send you the address and phone number. We have a great time and learn so much from each other.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Wow! I sure thought this would get a much bigger response. We are getting ready to send this out in a Newsletter, sure hoped to add some more coordinators to the list before we did! Jaroot? Anybody? Are there questions, doubts, concerns?

Al, Askbud, Lawrence, Fletcher, lhanner, dbfletcher....anybody?
    I just now saw this post Connie, I promise I wasn't ignoring you!

I would love to do this-- it seems right up my alley and sounds fun. I'm in the middle of a pretty big "figure out what the Air Force is going to do with me" moment right now (I've recently gotten my wings clipped... after 3000+ hours in the air my bad eyesight has caught up with me... I can no longer fly in combat aircraft for the Air Force. At any rate, I may be moving rather soon (or not... as I have 17 1/2 years in the AF and can retire in less than 3 years). I should find out more next month and if it looks like I will stay here I will be more than happy to sign up. I'd love to meet the other Carvewright users in the area and will do anything I can to help.

Lawrence

Good luck, my little brother just retired from the Air Force last year.

I also want to get a user group meeting scheduled but have been reluctant to do so until I can get the melting issue resolved. I don't feel like it would be a good idea to say "hey come over to my house and see my carvewright in pieces because it keeps breaking" I kind of thought that might put a little damper on the enthusiasm of the user group.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    I just now saw this post Connie, I promise I wasn't ignoring you!

I would love to do this-- it seems right up my alley and sounds fun. I'm in the middle of a pretty big "figure out what the Air Force is going to do with me" moment right now (I've recently gotten my wings clipped... after 3000+ hours in the air my bad eyesight has caught up with me... I can no longer fly in combat aircraft for the Air Force. At any rate, I may be moving rather soon (or not... as I have 17 1/2 years in the AF and can retire in less than 3 years). I should find out more next month and if it looks like I will stay here I will be more than happy to sign up. I'd love to meet the other Carvewright users in the area and will do anything I can to help.

Lawrence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12