Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW UserGroups Now Forming Near U

Default CW UserGroups Now Forming Near U

LHR is assisting in the coordination of local UserGroups. We are looking for individuals that would like to be the coordinator for their areas. LHR will provide a webpage on carvewright.com, discussion in the forum, and communication with potential members through our newsletters.

Coordinators would be the initial contact for people in your area. Please let me know if you would like to be the coordinator for your local UsersGroup. Send email to marketing@carvewright.com. If you have questions, post them here, so others can get their questions answered too.

Some of you have already started meeting and more of you are inquiring about our assistance. LHR is very excited to help in getting the word out about this new adventure.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I might be interested. What are the expectations of the usergroup and/or coordinator?
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Be the contact person to get the group started. It does not necessarily mean you have to host it or continue to be the coordinator. You may decide to rotate locations of monthly meetings among members or one member may have the ideal location for hosting each event. You can meet as often as the members decide. These groups will be self functioning and set up according to how you want to operate.

We will provide a means of connecting potential members with group coordinators in their area via our webpage. We will organize the local groups by country, state (province), city and then UsersGroup name. Interested customers will find a group in their area from the webpage. Fill out the form which will automatically send their contact information via email to the voluntary coordinator. That coordinator will contact the interested member and share that local groups information with the potential member. We will also offer from the webpage the ability for people to sign up as a coordinator.

The UserGroups are more for social gathering, project sharing, or think tank for CW owners. Each group decides their purpose, how they will operate, how often they will meet and where, what their group name will be, will they have officers, will they have dues, will you have guest speakers, or your own group newsletter? All up to you.

Many of our START U team members will be coordinators for their areas, but you DO NOT have to be a START U member in order to coordinate a local UsersGroup!

Wow! I sure thought this would get a much bigger response. We are getting ready to send this out in a Newsletter, sure hoped to add some more coordinators to the list before we did! Jaroot? Anybody? Are there questions, doubts, concerns?

Al, Askbud, Lawrence, Fletcher, lhanner, dbfletcher....anybody?

I have talked with the fpeople who have contacted me thorugh StartU about having a sort of get together like this. Having a users group would be even better. Folks with CarveWright machines are spread out over Missouri so having a users group that gets together for swaping ideas, learning and good fun makes a whole lot of sense. I have been talking to more folks in the St Louis area than anywhere else. Rolla, where I live, is 'sort of' central but still a good trek from the KC area. Columbia MO might be a good centralized location, easy to get to from either KC or St Louis.

What do all of you folks in Missouri think?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Oh my gosh!!!! I am so amazed by the response from the newsletter!!! Life is good again!!! I am going to be so busy!!!

Jeff. Can I take that as an add me to the list?

This forum is so awesome. But it is only about 5% of the population of CW. I don't understand why. So many ppl could so profit from this tremendous resource.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post

This forum is so awesome. But it is only about 5% of the population of CW. I don't understand why. So many ppl could so profit from this tremendous resource.
    So true!! Some that I've contacted are not part of the forum.. I sure let them know about it though!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post

Although I have been very much inactive in the forum I still read (lurk) alot and thought since I am in the 5% I would let you know I did read this. I am sure I could profit from group meetings... get togethers etc., as I do profit from reading this forum, one thing to read about what others are doing and another to do actual hands on experience, unfortunately in the past I hardly ever found time to attend any group meetings for any of my woodwork activities.
    Having said that may sound reluctant on my part but the ONE time I did go to a turning seminar I must say I did learn quite alot and I highly recommend this opportunity presented to anyone willing to participate.
    Contact me if any user groups form in Pa, depending on the distance and time of meetings I might be interested!
    I only know of one other CW user who does not use this forum in my immediate area and I think Al is the next closest, too bad the other 95% of CW owners do not let their presence be known or are not using the forum!
    John
    version 1.164

Yep, add me to the list...
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast