Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on a litho

Default Working on a litho

Well here is our attempt of our 2nd litho. This is a pic of a character from League of Legends, an online game that my son plays. Still need to work out a better light source and see about upping the contrast a bit (I think).

Any constructive criticism gladly accepted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LOL Litho.jpg   LOL Litho2.jpg  
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I'm moving this thread to the Lithopane forum.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

3. Default

looks good, I found that for photographing it helps to have the room lighting on and if possible to move the back light further away from the litho. On mine it is in a shadow box and the light is attatched to the back so just for photographing I took the back off with the light and moved it about 5 inches back to take the picture. In person the litho looks good with the light where it is in the shadow box.

Thanks for the info. That would probably help a lot. I'm going to try and get ahold of some led light strips that CarverJerry suggested and give them a try. The light we've got now is just too harsh and hot. Incredibally hot. I'm afraid that it will soften the litho.

5. Default

Here is a catolog of a bunch of different styles of LED lighting from outwater plastics: http://www.outwaterlocal.com/wp2/
    I just got the catalog today and it has a lot of stuff I never seen before. All you litho guys might see something interesting.

Alan

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Here is a catolog of a bunch of different styles of LED lighting from outwater plastics: http://www.outwaterlocal.com/wp2/
    I just got the catalog today and it has a lot of stuff I never seen before. All you litho guys might see something interesting.

Alan

Hey Jim, what did you come up with as far as lights for this litho? Keep us posted

CJ
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

We haven't Finished it up yet. Probably going to go with some kind of puck light on this one but will probably try on the led tape for the next. When we get them done I'll be sure to post pics.

Here is a recent litho I did.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...-For-the-Boy-s
    I used the flurescent puck light from Home Depot. In my litho there is only one light and it was very bright.

We'll I've still not finished the two lithos. Short on cash for the lights. So I decided to start another one. This one is from our family spring camp out in the South desert in Utah.

My grandson's head isn't cut off in the litho I just screwed up when I took the picture. Going to make a shadow box for this one and hope to use the strip LEDs that CarverJerry told me about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails litho 002.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast