Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wires coming out of old Z-truck

There is a magnet on the shaft of the motor. The small circuit board senses the magnet pulses with, what I suppose is, a Hall effect sensor.

Correct.... A Magnet on the Motor Shaft... Since you have the 2006 model then you most likely Don't have the new magnet retainer... The early magnets were held in place by heat shrink... I tried to repair one with no luck. The Plastic Retainer slides over the shaft holding the magnet... The Tech should have realized you had a 2006 machine and sold you the plastic retainer..... Your magnet is in the Fling Pot.....

Look at the dates on the pictures. The first black shrink is the early version. I also used TOO much Molly Flex Lube....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06218_WEB.jpg   DSC06244_WEB.jpg   DSC06248_WEB.jpg   DSC06271_WEB.jpg  

DSC06280_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-11-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

More Pictures when they came out with the retainer.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06462_WEB.jpg   DSC06456_WEB.jpg   DSC06458_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thanks guys, thats what I need , the magnet. I 'll have to call Monday. Do you recall the price ?
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Last I knew about 5 bucks.

AL

They have a new one out now with the magnet built into the retainer. The magnet is an outer ring on the retainer. They have gone to this to help reduce the possible heat effect on the magnet making it less magnatized... I think that's how you say it...lol
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I am WAY behind in the innovations.... I did not get the memo from LHR.... Addressed to AL who? LOL.....

Yes, Heat does reduce the magnetic field over time....

Speaking of off the wall stuff... Was Watching a TV Show on the dust bowl years and they showed the blowing dust causing static electricity to build up on cars and any metal... The video showed a guy walking under a wire and getting zapped.... And a Wind Mill arcing between parts..... Makes me rethink that Toyota Car problem that Static between parts of the car was the blame for run away fly by wire cars...... Send it to Toyota and they said "Thanks" we will look into it....

Too bad LHR does not have a read only thread to list new Innovations like this magnet.... Lets us old timers decide to buy new parts for our old machines....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 06-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.

OK, guys , here's the latest from LHR.
    I told them you guys had supplied the part #, price and description of the retainer and magnet. The kid I talked to said he talked with some tech or somebody , and this part is only an "in house" part. It is not sold to customers.
    Sounds like there taking the " Sears" approach and instead of selling you the $5.00 part, they want to sell you a new $180.00 part when the old one is still good.
    I think when someone orders a new CT spindle they should ask some questions and let customers know they need to change the FFC,and two circuit boards. Better yet , they should put an upgrade pachage of parts together with everything needed to change old machines into updated ones.
    just ranting a little
    later Daniel
    Last edited by Dan-Woodman; 06-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Update
    I got my two new circuit boards and installed.
    Replaced brushes. Found magnet in fling pot , epoxied it back in place and covered with heat shrink. It did not stop CCM ALARM .

Even I get the CCM with the first bit of some mpc's..... As long as the magnet is working, as in you get pulses in a sensor check then the cut motor won't go into full speed open loop mode. With my CCM the cut motor us usually going too slow before it fails with a CCM in the first 30 seconds of a first bit of the project.

Good Job on the Epoxy and Heat Shrink.

AL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast