Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US-Illinois

Default US-Illinois

Look here for carvers in Illinois.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

2. Default

I live in Elk Grove Village just West of O'hare Airport.

Alan

I'm in Waukegan, lost in my shop, with an old machine,(recently upgraded), not many machine hours, but it's still fun!

4. Default

Here in Shorewood, IL, not new to Carvewright but not much experience either. Just sent my machine in for the Carvetight upgrade and some calibration and hope to be up and running again, soon! Looking for others close by to trade ideas and tips with!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ifdfireman24 View Post
    Here in Shorewood, IL, not new to Carvewright but not much experience either. Just sent my machine in for the Carvetight upgrade and some calibration and hope to be up and running again, soon! Looking for others close by to trade ideas and tips with!
    Hi Ifdfireman24

I live in Elk Grove Village near O'Hare. I'm pretty good making 3D heightmap images out of regular flat images. Shorewood is quite a distance from me. Google maps says its down by joliet.

Alan

Here in Aurora, Illinois Been using A series machines seance 05 have 3 now and all are working GREAT!
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Lee "icutone2" - (i've been saying it to myself as "icu - tone - 2"; he pronounced it "i - cut - one - 2" ...boy did I feel silly)

Anyway, he has volunteered to be a UserGroup Coordinator, so if you have not filled out a form to join a User's Group, please do so!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Fireman24 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Hi Ifdfireman24

I live in Elk Grove Village near O'Hare. I'm pretty good making 3D heightmap images out of regular flat images. Shorewood is quite a distance from me. Google maps says its down by joliet.

Alan
    I would love to pick your brain about 3D heightmap images as I'm having trouble getting those down. I am a firefighter in Itasca which is right around the corner from you so I am familiar with the area you're in. Any help in getting better would be appreciated!

9. Default

Hi Fireman24

I go through Itasca often. I live very close. Near the corner of Devon and Arlington Heights Rd. What kind of software do you have to work with raster graphics?

Have you tried changing regular clip art to carveable images by changing the colors to better represent the heights that you want those parts to carve at?

Alan

I am in Marengo, IL still working on getting started.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast