Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win 7 and Card Reader

Default Win 7 and Card Reader

Just upgrade to Win 7 and now the card reader won't work. Says the "Flash device could not be initialized". I tried all my usb ports, unistalled the program, and reinstalled still nothing. I know the reader and card is ok cause I have the pattern editor on my wife's laptop and it worked fine ( "xp") Anybody else run into the same thing? Also my drivers are all up to date and all my usb ports works fine. It just going to be a pain to run back and forth to upload.

Joel

You have to check with LHR or the administator. They will help you out withy the installment. Capt Barry

Talked to them yesterday and they said try a different usb port. But after 7 usb ports on pc plus a usb hub nothing.

Try reading through this link it is pretty helpful http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...th-USB-devices

Ver 1.179
    HP-Nvidia HD Video Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Scanning with Carvewight Probe and Next Engine 3d Laser Scanner HD
    If you have any scanning needs let us know.Check Out Our Patterns in the depot under eromran

If you allow it to happen, you can let today erase all of yesterday or if you choose,you can let yesterday erase the rest of your life.
    Ed

See if you can find software manuel. Look in chapter 1 and go to page 18 under Windows Vista and follow thier setup. Good Luck, Capt Barry

6. Default

upgraded to Windows 7 and had the same problem today as well. I installed and ran the fix it software from microsoft at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...th-USB-devices and then unplugged and re plugged in the card reader and it was recognized and installed. You have to have reader plugged in when you run the fix it software and then when it tells you to check your hardware to see if its working, unplug the reader, plug it into a different usb port and it will be installed and begin working. then click ok on the fix it to indicate the problem is fixed.

Thanks Greg. But still nothing? I can see it in the Deviece and Printers screen, and it says it is working properly. I have also uninstalled the driver a couple of time and restarted the pc it found it and installed it. But still get the same message. And I checked it still works fine on the laptop with XP.

Joel

8. Default

sorry it didnt work, It worked for me and has been working for two days so far. Good Luck.

When you installed on the Windows 7 operating system, did you follow the step for "Run as Administrator"? See page two of the INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS third bullet on Section 1.1 under the LEARN menu at www.carvewright.com
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

After my SSD drive quit last week " only lasted three months" I reinstalled win 7 and had the same issue with my iPhone port, moving it to the next USB fixed the issue for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast