Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error E04-0293

Question Error E04-0293

I just had to replace my QC Chuck and upon replacing it the machine began to scan the board for the project that is 14 5/8" Wide. While measuring the length of the board which is 67" it began to stutter back and forth rapidally until I pressed Stop and it displayed Error E04-0293. I should also say that while tighteningthe piece down the racheting capability seems to have been lost? Any Ideas what is going on? Please help!!!

I should say that the QC Chuck broke on this board just under a week ago so it has scanned and ran before!?!
    Last edited by waynedazey; 06-03-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: additional information

Sounds like the tracking roller is losing contact with the board. Use should use tape under the board on the keypad side, this gives the tracking roller something to bite into.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    Sounds like the tracking roller is losing contact with the board. Use should use tape under the board on the keypad side, this gives the tracking roller something to bite into.
    Any suggestions on the type of tape?

AJ-1 Guest

plain old masking tape. I use it on all carves regardless of the surface. Just put a strip on the bottom of the board all accross the side where the keypad is. It helps to track on the brass roller you can see between the sandpaper or rubber belts. This is what the computer uses to tell where the board is and for taking measurements.

With a board that length, it is possible the weight that is extended is lifting the other end up. You may need some additional supports on each end. Have you used a bathroom scale to check head pressure? It should be around 80 pounds. The board is not twisted, warped or cupped is it? There are a couple of things to get you started.

I actually built a complete roller stand for the machine Attachment 44946 Just because of this project being so big and the board is only out of square by 1/32 and it doesn't appear to be cupped or twisted. BUT it is not a plained board per client request.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

That is the message I get when following your link.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedazey View Post
    I just had to replace my QC Chuck and upon replacing it the machine began to scan the board for the project that is 14 5/8" Wide. While measuring the length of the board which is 67" it began to stutter back and forth rapidally until I pressed Stop and it displayed Error E04-0293. I should also say that while tighteningthe piece down the racheting capability seems to have been lost? Any Ideas what is going on? Please help!!!

I should say that the QC Chuck broke on this board just under a week ago so it has scanned and ran before!?!
    From the book: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb...ting_Guide.pdf
    E04 - X axis stall
    Description of Issue
    An “X-Axis Stall” will happen when the machine is not able to move the board in and out of
    the machine when commanded.
    Possible Causes
    An “X-Axis Stall” can result from excessive head pressure, rolled up sandpaper belts, a
    wedged board, a board that has a significant thickness taper to it, a gear set that has too much
    slop in it, a slow running cut motor, or a gear set that is out of alignment.
    Troubleshooting Steps
    1. Check to see that the sandpaper belts are not rolled up. This will have the same effect as
    the varying thickness board. This is almost always the case so double check it.
    2. Check to see that the board you were carving was not wedged in the machine (it will
    wedge if the width of the board varies significantly along its length). Do this by slightly
    cranking up the head and moving the board in and out of the machine along its length
    looking to see if it wedges between the squaring plate and the sliding plate.
    3. Check to see that the board you were carving does not vary in thickness over its length. If
    it does it will wedge between the upper compression rollers and the belt drives and
    overload the X gears.
    4. Check that the head pressure is between 75 to 85 lbs. If the head pressure is lower than 75
    lbs or higher than 85 lbs, it could well make the x-gears to stripe or brake. Please see the
    “Checking the Head Pressure” document on the CarveWright website for continued
    troubleshooting of this issue.
    5. Check the spacing of the metal gear on the X belt drives. When the machine is apart to
    replace the X gears make sure that the spacing on the metal drive gear attached to the belt
    LHR Technologies, Inc. CarveWright™ Troubleshooting Guide (Rev 1.07) 05/10/11 51
    tray roller is correctly spaced out from the end of the tray. You can see instructions for
    checking this in the document titled “Replacing the Sandpaper Drive Belts”. In place of
    the spacer mentioned in that document use a stacked penny and dime.
    6. Verify that the cut motor is not getting bogged down or stopping during the project. If the
    bit is not cutting it will cause increased force on the gears.
    7. If none of the above steps solves the issue consult CarveWright.
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 06-04-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250613_213755415324769_100000709353641_655085_3212820_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	44950the attachment is a pcture of my stand that I built for this project

Another thing I would check is the aux rollers on top. Sometimes dust will get packed in on the keypad side and the sensor wont click quite correctly. Just loosen the roller a bit and blow the dust out.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast