Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIX for: Z-Axis error err E06-0313 during setup

This is what the cable that is to be discarded in the Truck looks like. The Bad Bearing Picture...

So it comes down to Mechanical or Electrical.... Mechanical be sure the Truck can move up and down easily... Could be a Z Motor not mounted correctly. Or Electrical.... Did you plug the servo motor plug in 180 degrees out?

Is the FFC Cable seated correctly...

I have concerns... Can you look over your FFC or the big flat Cable that brings power to the Z and brings back encoder data.

Make sure you don't have a mix of 18 and 14 pin parts...

AL

In the Old Z Picture, it is a 18 pin not a 16 pin...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06291_WEB.jpg   DSC06656_WEB.jpg   DSC06655_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg  

DSC06680a_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-24-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

2. Default

This may be the problem. I only replaced the truck, no circuit boards. The rep from cw said I needed new cables and sold them to me so they are on the way. I was just checking to see if there's anything else I need to be aware of.

3. Default

As I fire up the machine there is no movement of the Z-truck at all. Is this because I didn't replace any cables, just removed the inner flat ribbon and tried to adjust the rollers on the Z-track up and Down. I loaded a board picked a previous project and then get the error code. So as new owner of used machine I'm not familiar with all the adjustments or maintenance. I hope I'm not ruining my machine by replacing these Items myself.

No Turkey Day Here.... 4 hours into cooking the Turkey the Gas Valve in the Oven went bad.... LOL... So it was Roasted Chicken from the other day and Grumble soup.... LOL...

OK... Just changing the Truck should not cause this problem as the OLD Circuit Board in the OLD Truck is no longer used and new trucks come without the circuit board and even the new castings have some of the holes filled in.

SO as for the Z Truck not working, the first question is???? Does the truck with the power OFF move from limit to limit up and down?

Yes, OK next check and see if the Z Encoder data is working.... Machine on, options, sensor data, and call up the Z Data... It will be 0000 until you move the truck....

SO let us know what this gives us.

To ANYONE getting new FFC Cables form LHR, they should have asked you question to be sure you don't have a Early "A" Version with the OLD 18 Pin FFC Cable setup.... See Pictures ABOVE..... The Latest 14 pin cable plugged into the old 18 pin Circuit boards will cause a very expensive Short Circuit.... To the Tune of over $500.00... New Power Supply and New Computer.... SO KNOW what version you have...

The next step could be to buy a new Z Motor......

AL

Just had another thought.... It is Possible that the new Truck was shipped with a Frozen Rail Bearing.... Parts is parts..... Check... My hand you can move it... Under Power no go....
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-24-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123