Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare parts

1. Default

Seems like it would be a good ideal for LHR tech guys to come up with a list of "spares" and put toghether a kit of them than could be bought as a single order... maybe even at a slight discount from individual prices.

Daniel Smith
    www.quarrydesignswoodworking.com

The problem there is if you needed a spare part that wasn't in the "spares" package, then what? Each machine seems to have its own personality and while you could get some essential things all machines need, there is always going to be that one item you need that most others don't. Also, in response to the questions about the shipping cost, after 3 pounds it goes up to $15 but I don't know how many pounds that charge goes up to after that.

Just ordered spare parts, Sand paper belts, 4 bits, sanding mop & refill, 2 gears, 4 roller bearing sweeps, $45 shipping.
    Be the change you want to see in the world!
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Cut Motor Brushes at 250 Hours.... FFC Cable..... Board Sensor.... All will stop you on a weekend.... Best to have some...

And the 5 x 11 x 5 MM Bearings for the Y Gear box...

And if you are inclined.... The 1/4 inch Bit Stops.... http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-router...281040_1325+86

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al,

Do the bearing need to be lubed??
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I would say no... Unless they are the open type collecting sawdust..... With the 5 x 11 x 5 mm bearings for the gear box, the basic bearing with side shields goes for about $3.00. Some have found some that are sealed for a higher price and I would say that they will last longer.

But I think the Y Bearings get a pretty good workout and just need to be replaced often...

This is the Gear box Bearing... I have had the rail bearings freeze.... I replaced some and lubricated some... Got them working... I don't think the Y or Z Rail Bearings wear out as much as they get Sawdust inside.... Lubrication of this bearing could flush out the sawdust.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al,
    Thanks, I did order the 10 pak you posted about. In talking with a local business they did offer (had to order) bearings in the $6.00/ea. range that he said were probably a better bearing and I think he said they were sealed...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Those bearings are a must to change out in the Y gearbox. I noticed a considerable difference plus I had to change out my Y sprocket because I neglected it for so long. Each time you take the machine apart squirt just a dab of wd-40 on those vertical and horizontal axis bearings. Saves them from freezing up.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

I'm late with this but a Y or Z motor is a must in my opinion. Helped me out twice.
    Love to Make the sawdust, But I sure Hate to clean it up.
    U can't find Success unless you have the patience to hang around long enough to find it!!!!
    Website isn't carving related but a good place to buy a auto:
    www.hcautos.com

U can never be to late with info or advise.... Thx
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast