Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for next year

Default Suggestions for next year

What should we add, not do, more of, less of, etc...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

3 days!!!!!!!

Make an hour 90 minutes long.. oh we did that huh.....haha!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    3 days!!!!!!!

Make an hour 90 minutes long.. oh we did that huh.....haha!!
    Lol. Yes we did get off schedule. So much information; so little time.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

4. Default

Probably do need to add a day and include a half or full day of finishing/painting techniques, if you went full day then you could include some hands on. Also for the maintenance portion you need someone to hold a video camera up to the machine and tie it into the big screen so every one can see or pre record the presentation with close up video.

5. Default

Along with my suggestions I do want to add that it was a great first conference and the staff at carvewright were great. I felt like a member of the family as I was allowed full access to the facilities and saw that the business was a small company that still cares about its quality and its customers. I want to move to houston and get a job there! Too bad my wife would never let me. LOL

When will the You Tube Videos be ready for guys like me that did not attend...?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

7. Default

I meant to take my video cam and forgot to pack it. I did see some people taking some video but not everything.

Billings, Montana, United States, 112454482100538, Billings, Montana

For your first try ,I Think you all did great job and the hotel staff was great.. You will need a larger place next year ,,for feel you will have more of us next year..The Food was great. Maybe 3or 4 days,so we could do a project start to finish and more hands on training..

If Connie would have spent more time there instead of shopping..... hahahaha You guys did a great job! Just a few suggestions. Someone mentioned already, having a camera set up to show pictures inside the machines when you guys are pointing to items, or have pictures on powerpoint, and point to them on them on the screen and use a pointer. If you increase the days, you could have software training at a hotel, and invite attendees to bring their own laptops if they have them, the maintenance classes could be taught at the shop and sell the equipment there.
    Second thing, I've taught classes before and having straight tables in line always works better. I understand a lot of facilities don't have that available.
    Maybe make it three or four days. I understand that is a huge undertaking on the staff. I would like more hands on training in the future.
    One more suggestion, and this could be done besides this, set up or have an online course pertaining to the software. Going through each item and showing what is does to your drawing, and also how it affects the project.
    It was great meeting the staff and all the other carvers. Can't wait till the next one.
    Brad Doyle
    Fairview Heights, IL

Sign me up now for the full week next year Connie,

My special thanks to yourself, Chris, Joe and all your Staff members who were so very gracious and did such a fine job of making us all feel welcome both at the Conference site and at the plant. It really was a family reunion as much as a Conference so I'll be back at CarveWright Summer Camp next time for sure. I spent a lot of time answering questions on jig and carrier techniques and accessories in general so maybe a session on other than machine items that also make the whole process work. I really benefited from the accessory software classes and Doug Haffner's classes really opened my eyes to where I can go with this unit and new (to me) materials.

I'm hoping to learn more in the Start U line about seminars and teaching opportunities so I can represent LHR with professional polish and a well focused presentation. It was surprising that so much can be communicated without ever really turning the machine on.

We will probably need more space next time as the word gets out in the Forum on the good time and learning opportunities everyone enjoyed. I'd easily expect at least 200. Great job by the Hilton management and staff. Now we'll be in a stronger position to negotiate better room rates but it just may require a larger venue. Think rows of tables and even wiring the room with power at the tables for PCs to follow along in agendas and PowerPoint slides (as well as note taking) so you don't have to photocopy everything and the most current version is posted just minutes before the individual presentation. Just thoughts while they are fresh and for what they are worth.
    Thanks again for hosting us for the three days and we'll be back.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast