Thread: Suggestions for next year

More Haffner!!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

More Michael T. & Haffner!!!!

Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Default Will try and make it next time.

Sounds like I missed a great conference. Wish I could have made it, but I got diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer in January. It puts things on hold for right now but I'm planning on being there next year. Everyone keep up your great work and the inspiration I get from all your creations helps to get thru the tougher times and gives me hope I'll be back carving soon.
    God bless
    Eva

Could you talk to my boss and see if I can get off next year! Seriously though, I have been working in Houston a lot this year and had to be some where else during this period. I would have loved to have been there and will try VERY hard to be there next year. No telling where my job will take me though..

How about some online videos and narratives from attendees? Good advertising for next year!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe SA View Post
    Sounds like I missed a great conference. Wish I could have made it, but I got diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer in January. It puts things on hold for right now but I'm planning on being there next year. Everyone keep up your great work and the inspiration I get from all your creations helps to get thru the tougher times and gives me hope I'll be back carving soon.
    God bless
    Eva
    Hang tuff" Eva. Prayers are with you and look forward to meeting you next year. It was a blast as I'm sure you'll agree when you make the next one.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    When will the You Tube Videos be ready for guys like me that did not attend...?

AL
    I have tried to upload my video's twice and I keep getting errors. I'll try again today.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Eva,

You will be in my prayers, looking forward to meeting you next year.

God's speed.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

The round tables did not work very well. I'm sure the idea was to promote discussion among attendees, but that didn't seem to be a problem. You could fit more people in more comfortably with classroom style seating, and I wouldn't have to turn around to see or listen to the speakers.
    More practice and better use of the AV equipment - that room was wide and shallow, and when the divider was open, those of us on the outside had a hard time seeing the projected image. Someone already mentioned using a camera to show the maintenance details. Don't bother trying to pass around stuff; instead, explain it, show it on the screen if it's small, then put it where we can go look in detail during the breaks.
    I liked the room where you had examples of projects; some way to encourage more of that would be great. One or two people included a writeup of how they did that project, I found that useful as well. Doug Haffner did talk about his projects during his presentation.

Haffner's finishing session was great (and he is very engaging and entertaining). Michael Tyler's session about advanced software use was also great. I wish I had taken more notes during those. I enjoyed the conference more than I'd expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12