Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite part of conference?

I could not have stated it any better then (tierman) has. I second all he has stated.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris L, Joe L, Connie, Lori, Mary, Chris R, Barry, Alex, John and Omar and ALL of the rest of the people at Carvewright, and guest speakers, for putting together a conference that was PRICELESS!

Looking forward to the time we have another conference.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

As most have stated, it's the people that was my overall favorite experience of the CW Conference, too. Getting to meet so many of you in person was terrific!

Kudos to the entire LHR/CarveWright Staff who put in so many hours of planning and effort in making this one of the best conferences of this type I have ever attended. First Class all the way! Even though I was aware of some of the backstory behind the organization of the conference, I was blown away by the extent to which the company went to make certain that everyone was well taken care of and had a wonderful, fun and informative experience! You just had to be there to fully understand what a super job they did.

All the presentations I was able to attend were very helpful and interesting. I really enjoyed Chris Rawls' extended presentation on machine maintainence and tips on troubleshooting. Wow! We all gained a ton of insight on how the machine works and learned the specific reasons why things are engineered the way they are. Every tiny detail of the machine has been well thought out and, through their own testing, careful observation and customer feedback, continue tirelessly to make the machine more efficient and productive. I have never experienced such open transparency from any company representative. I think we all felt that we were invited 'into the fold', so to speak, as Chris R. spoke to us as if we were fellow company employees. Just excellent!

I have got to give a special mention about Doug Haffner's presentations, too. Oh my goodness! Not only were they chock-full of great tips and information on finishing, the use of creative materials and paints, etc., but he had us laughing our guts out when you least expected it! (I asked him one evening how long he had been doing stand-up comedy.) What a fun and interesting time we had with Doug!

I also appreciated the various Vendors for supporting this event and for supplying information and in some cases, free samples of their products that CarveWright owners will find useful in their hobby and businesses. (I took home a sample of Gorilla Wood Glue.) Thank you, Vendors!

Did anyone mention the CarveWright "goodie bags"? That was a very nice touch and something I had no prior knowledge of. Cool! One of the items in my bag was a package of Scanning Probe tips - they will come in very handy. (They are not just "glue tips", but appear to be much better suited for their purpose.) Thank you for the 'goodies surprise'!

Already countin' down the days for the next CarveWright Conference. I can hardly wait for the next one! So much fun and a perfect opportunity to meet, greet and learn!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 05-16-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Throughly enjoyed the Conference. It was like coming to a family reunion and meeting relatives that you know you have, but never actually met face to face before. It was that type of atmosphere to me. The knowledge, the ideas.... were mind blowing. As I said several times... "the reason this CW is worth so much is because of the forum family". Without the forum members and "can do" attitude, I don't believe this machine would have lasted this long. Like others said, it was nice to see the CEO out there talking to people and listening to what they had to say. THAT in itself, says alot. The staff was nothing less than EXCELLENT. Just like anything else, yes there could (and I'm sure there will be) improvements to the conference. However, for being the first one, it was GREAT. I recommend people ( Al Who.. )make "how to videos" as far as changing/fixing hardware on the CW. Pictures are great, but videos are "alot gooder" : ) The people I've met were great, the presenters were excellent and I left there very inspired and "chompin' at the bit" to try out some ideas. So THANK YOU Chris and staff. It was a great family reunion! Already looking forward to the next one and meet "new" family members. I took a bunch of pics so I'll upload them as soon as I can. Maybe when pics are posted "others" can chime in and point out persons in the pics since I didn't get to actually meet all the relatives ..... too many relatives coming "out of the wood work" ! ha ha "Git er Done ... on the CW"
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I am back at work, do not even want to tell any one what my desk looks like.

Is the Conference starting again tomorrow?? HA HA

Am I trying to get away from the desk? YES

A Great time it was at the conference, never can say that enought.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

that held it's ground.

jmsallee Guest

Red face Favorite parts of Conference

My favorite was everything. I enjoy the demonstrations, talking with other newbies and learning that I could do more than I ever imagined.

I hope that next time I can get my husband to come and meet everyone and learn learn learn.

I was a little afraid that I would feel like the class dummy but everyone was so nice and helpful. I felt right at home as soon as I set down at the table. I still maybe the class dummy but less so than when I arrived.

The staff of CW and the hotel were very eager tho answer questions and listen. I am sure that the next conference will need a larger hotel. That will be a shame because the hotel staff was so good and timely.

Thanks to the sponsers and vendors.

Marine Sallee

I just wanted to thank everyone at CarveWright who put this together and made it such a great experience. I was delighted to be a part of it. From beginning to end, it exceeded my expectations and hopes. The hunger to learn was very strong, and it was exciting to not only share my own experiences, but to find out other ways of doing things. The sense of sharing was strong, and it made for a great conference.
    I'm sure Connie was happy to save on batteries for the microphone, since I have such a big, loud mouth. The trick, as my wife will attest, is figuring out how to shut me up.
    For those of you who asked, my presentation will be online later today and I'll post a link. I'm adding a few more slides with more extensive links.

7. Default

Doug,

I wanted to Thank you for rekindling my need for art and sharing your discoveries ..... looking forward to watching you in the future and I can't wait to see what you do with Azek.

Doug,

Thank you for sharing I learned so much and your work is outstanding.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

that held it's ground.

My favorite part of the conference, not counting the awesome projects that I saw, was probably hanging out with you guys and the discussions on the machine and software. Believe it or not, I actually learned quite a bit from each of you.

What did everyone think of the gentleman that was on the USS Missouri when the Japan peace treaty was signed?
    Sonuva Nutcracker!

Alex
    Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by atauer View Post
    My favorite part of the conference, not counting the awesome projects that I saw, was probably hanging out with you guys and the discussions on the machine and software. Believe it or not, I actually learned quite a bit from each of you.

What did everyone think of the gentleman that was on the USS Missouri when the Japan peace treaty was signed?
    I was proud to shake his hand and Salute him. Imagine the things one could learn by sitting down and just listening to him for a couple of hours. My father was also a WWI vet and fought in Saipan, Okinawa and Tarawa. Some of the stories he told me were pretty emotional for him, but I'm glad he shared them with me. Missing my dad right about now.....
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast