Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locating Files

Angry Locating Files

Does anybody know where the pattern or pattern files are kept and how can I view them, to be added to and sorted out. Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Lee

Are you talking about where they are on your computer?

If so, they're here:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\CarveWright

However, they can't be sorted there - they have to be sorted within Designer - you can drag and drop them into any order you want.
    Last edited by cnsranch; 05-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Thanks Jerry I will give that a try.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.

Hey Guyz,,,, Saved me the trouble of asking the question .... Anyway, I did try to drag and drop the patterns in designer... No Go !! So where O where can these files be... any help would be appreciated... I have a lot of disorganized patterns.... I have made several new folders and now need to get the patterns into the appropriate catagory....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Default Pattern Tool

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Hey Guyz,,,, Saved me the trouble of asking the question .... Anyway, I did try to drag and drop the patterns in designer... No Go !! So where O where can these files be... any help would be appreciated... I have a lot of disorganized patterns.... I have made several new folders and now need to get the patterns into the appropriate catagory....

When the pattern tool area on the right is opened up you can create your new folder, click and drag your pattern into the folder you want it in. You can then delete your custom folder you had set up prior to that. Do that by right clicking on your folder title and delete it.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

No Go !!! the patterns will not drag and drop from one folder to another ,,, I can't create a new folder,, Etc.... The only options I'm getting is "delete" "rename" "export"...

Something ain't right here.... There should be a way to organize the library.... I had a problem with the computer a few weeks ago,,, maybe something in CW software got messed up... I know my internet explorer was messed up and lost all bookmarks,, When searching for em,,, found that they all became hidden... After checking the rest of the Laptop,,, I found that a lot of things were changed to hidden... Even cleared all the contacts from my Iphone which was plugged in charging... Hmmmm !!!
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

You can not move the files that came with the program, but stuff you added should be movable.
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    You can not move the files that came with the program, but stuff you added should be movable.
    Clint
    Actually you can, however you cannot delete the original or the folder.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

I am having the same problem. what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by petz29 View Post
    I am having the same problem. what do I do?
    Petz,
    My "Download" link, below, has two lessons on "Organization". See if that helps you. Be aware that you may make folders and folders within folder (Nested Folders). Also remember that in order to drag and drop, both folders must be open within the Designer library.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast