Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off stuff you've made (not only with CW)

Default And just a few more

Certain occasions are worth marking with a special piece like the birth of my Grandson Alex.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_0674.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	44392 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA14471203122.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	372.3 KB 
ID:	44391

And then then sometimes you've just got to go a little crazy. Hand carved ornamentation that I don't think I could really create again today even with the CW as the depths exceed our 1" limit. We needed a front hall coat closet so . . .

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	44397

Hope these are worthy additions Gang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0028.JPG  
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 05-06-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Nice Work!!

There you go, ya just need an extra hand to help tip it up-right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capt Bruce's Photo.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    I am probably the only one with a plain unfinished fletcher dust collector on my CW.
    Haha! Nope... Me too! I should be ashamed... It does always look clean though. <wink>
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

I'm extremely impressed. You are all excellent woodworkers! Lawrence, you have now convinced me that I "need" a lathe, THANKS!. <grin>

Here's a bowl I made that is 6" diameter by 2-1/4" deep. CW not involved...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DPR-bowl-avatar.jpg   IMG_3218.JPG  
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

May as well post a few items here too. They can all be seen on my website along with many other items.

Lawrence, some really great looking work there.
    Bruce, you too great work, Paul, nice to see some of the cabinets you make, they are very nice.

Ok if I missed anyone I did not intend to, everyone has posted so many items showing their great workmanship.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plumbbob-a.jpg   seg vase1.jpg   quilt01-c.jpg   cheese pedistal .jpg  

bowl 5-05 side a - Copy.JPG  
    Last edited by eelamb; 05-06-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

And a few more
    The pens are just a few. One on the right is the one I use all the time. It has 8 pieces of wood cut and glued on the bottom section.

The vase on the first post is 300 pieces of wood, stands 9" tall and 8" wide.
    Other walnut bowl is 100 pieces of wood, the quilt pattern is 60 pieces of wood in the center alone, and it is not an inlay. the center section is at least .25 thick, and turning to this thickness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pens special.jpg   bowl walnut 11.jpg   edquiltbowle - Copy.jpg   bowl07-a.jpg  

bowl02a.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 05-06-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

No.. Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by gregsolano View Post
    Lawrence, I also forgot to mention, that is the coolest looking sled I have ever seen, I have to admit I usually make all my jigs and sleds out of scraps and never even sand or finish them. I am probably the only one with a plain unfinished fletcher dust collector on my CW.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

8. Default

Just a few samples..

Name:	kitchen chair 002.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	44411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	furniture 019.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	44412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	furn nov 002.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	44413

Name:	checker board and plant stand 002.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	898.1 KB 
ID:	44414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0340.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1,001.5 KB 
ID:	44420

Daniel Smith
    www.quarrydesignswoodworking.com
    Last edited by quarrydesigns; 05-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.

another view of the vase showing the pattern is the same inside and outside. Plus a few more items.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seg vase2.jpg   quilt bowl.jpg   router-split-bowl.jpg   fgcherrybowl01b.jpg  

router bowl.jpg  

Eddie

Man, this is PERFECT--- just what I'd hoped would happen

Greg- do you cast your own blanks-I've not done that yet-- the pens look great, and the Jukebox... what's playing? (awesome job)

Jaustin- the ww'er in me says YES YES, but the liberal says NoNO!!!... I think the ww'er wins. Beautiful work--is the last one 50 cal? I've always wanted to make an antler/cartridge pen out of a deer with the cartridge that shot it and a case with the leather from the deer... seems appropriate and "circle of lifey" somehow. My brother keeps promising to get me the cartridge/leather/antler

Bruce-- I was wondering how many folks here carved by hand as well as with a CW... the spirituality/juxtaposition of both intrigues me... I can't wait to someday buy you a cold beverage and discuss it a bit. Beautiful work as well... stunningly beautiful

Pkunk-I envy and dread (at the same time) your bread and butter... I've only done one kitchen (mine) an it was just a refurb
    from this

to this

There is a part of me that KNOWS that once I retire I may have to do kitchens and bathrooms to pay the bills... part of me dreads this and part of me looks forward to this... you look like you've done an amazing job on yours.... I can only hope to walk in very large footsteps such as yours when I eventually make a move to ww'ing as a livelihood.
    Fletcher- with an eye like that for finding the spirit in the wood, a lathe would suit you well methinks... you've certainly seen "through" the material on this one.
    eelamb- I know who I'm coming to talk to when its time to do some segmented turnings! I bought a disk sander a couple of years ago when I bought my nova dvr (since sold) with the intention of doing segmented turnings. I never got to it and your work makes me regret this and has lit a new fire in my belly again to try a segmented turning. Is the last one a router made bowl? I'd considered making a template similar to fletcher's design a while back (though obviously with less spectacular wood) how did you find the bit/template if that is what you used?
    quarrydesigns- my birthday is in June and I'm getting a video/plans for a Maloof rocker that I plan to make (I hope to carve the seat with the CW). Your pieces, including the rocker, are examples of why I want to do this... Great Grandkids will someday be rocked to sleep in that chair methinks...

Simply awesome work all- no wonder we do OK at getting things out on the CW...
    Lawrence

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast