Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d F-18 model.

Default 3d F-18 model.

I would like to carve a 3d model of an F-18A and a f-18D. simalar to the f-22 pen holder project here in the carvewright store minus the air force base haha. So if any of you guys with the really nice 3d software and STL software let me know how much it would cost to get a model pattern created. So anyone can help me out. Please email or PM me.
    Thanks
    David Greer
    "Woodworking is the Illusion of Perfection"
    Shadowboxs, Kbar Holders, Sword Holders Etc.
    Find Me on Facebook
    Email Me if you need something

Just to calrify I am not expecting anyone to do this for free just at a reasonable price, because I don't have the software yet. so it anyone can help me out please let me know.
    David Greer
    Find Me on Facebook

3. Default

Here is a simple F18 I traced from an image online. Left click the black and white and choose save file as or save image as to your hard drive and then import it into designer.

Alan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F18.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	44435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F18 copy.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	44434

This is a fairly monumental task you ask and the result might not be what you want. I suggest you buy the STL importer so that you can do the interesting, labor intensive part yourself. It is not so much to ask someone to convert a 3D fighter to STL for you. Buy or find a 3D fighter (.max) on the web and someone with 3dsmax can convert it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    Here is a simple F18 I traced from an image online. Left click the black and white and choose save file as or save image as to your hard drive and then import it into designer.

Alan

Name:	F18.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	44435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F18 copy.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	44434
    Your image will not make a good pattern, It is too small and as a JPEG at 72 DPI there is a lot of trash in the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f18 2.jpg   f18.jpg   f18 2 pe.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 05-08-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

6. Default

The image is reduced or something when I uploaded it. If the original poster wants the image I will have to send it to him by email if he sends me a Personal Message with his email attached. I was basically practicing by making this and it is not really a very good image. Like bergurund said in previous post it is a monumental task to make a new 3d image and I don't think it would be worth it for someone to spend hours on it and still be worth it for the guy to pay for it. There must be an image already done ready to buy in the pattern library or on ebay or something. Or I could spend a few hours making something for the guy if he pays me $20 an hour. I would require that lilskip find an image first and then I will make it into a quality 3D image. But it would cost a lot. Either way let me know.

Alan

Default F18

Maybe this will give someone a starting point to work with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F18.jpg  

8. Default

Wow nice image dougmsbbs! I have taken that and added a few details and find edge and blurs and came up with this. Now if lilskip wants a few details added like numbers or whatnot then I will add that and post the pnt.

Name:	F18edit1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	44465

Thank you! We try....

I appricate the image. Alan I was trying more for a 3d model to import in and cut in layers to make a f-18 on a stick so so speak kindo of like the f-22 pen holder porject in the pattern depot. I just wanted to make my own variation of the project with an f-18 on it without the airforce base. I have found several 3d models online but I don't have the software to load them up. Can't afford it yet haha. I guess I will wait until I can and play with it myself. Thanks again for the help guys.
    David Greer
    Find Me on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast