Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: horrible accuracy issues + bit question

Quote Originally Posted by jerryherb View Post
    I think that is what im going to work on next, or maybe i just need to get me a real CNC with mach3 ....
    I agree... Your Hobby Machine is never going to live up to your Industrial Dream. Turn in your 2K machine for the $20K dream.

"BS" work around and Carvewright's Software Limitations just disappoint you so you will never be happy with this Hobby Machine.

Tell us when you get your industrial CNC.

Happy Hobby User,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00139_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-11-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al,
    Judging by your latest pictures (especially the first one) and previous feedback i see that your machine is not mis-behaving like mine. its not the machines limitations i am trying to overcome here, but its inability to route a straight line. eventually i will get a more expensive machine, but wanted to get a taste of CNC and gain some experience with an entry system without spending a fortune on something i may not enjoy. Software issues, btw, are not that difficult to fix, and would make it a lot more versatile, productive and attract more customers, something at least LHR would surely enjoy. If LHR would make their software open-source it would make this system more popular than Marlboro cigarettes.

I do think it's a good idea to port the software, I sure LHR will at some point, I like to see a version that would compete with the big boy software.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-11-2011 at 11:45 AM.

further i did the testing with clean power running through a UPS AC filter with nothing else on the circuit and the same results transpired.
    again created an MPC with 4 sets of squares about 1.5" on the side. the cut depth set at .31 with .1" max depth per pass with 1/16 cutter bit in pine and all the squares came out clean. however during careful observation of the project it appeared as the machine was running the router head in counter-clockwise direction while cutting vectors, which is a little odd as all previous closed figure vector cuts would run clockwise. there also was no y-axis head movement speed change during cutting as perhaps the job was designed for and ran with a thin bit and in "optimize" mode. ran the project again on the other side of the board and it also performed exactly the same cuts, no belt jerking occurred and the square cuts were clean.
    I will experiment further and update with results. thanks!
    Last edited by jerryherb; 05-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Interesting... Counter Clockwise.... I have never see that... Always Clockwise around the vector cut.... But I am still using 1.177 I believe...

With my use of the 1/4 inch bull nose bit to keep the feed rate slow but using the 1/16 bit gives me a consistent slow clean cut...

Good Luck and lets hear more of your testing... I would love to see a you tube video of the reverse or counter clockwise vector....

Any chance the UPS is causing that?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Here is the excerpt from the video of the counter-clockwise cut made by my CW (1.179):

http://www.youtube.com/user/TecWrec?.../0/dKz6VUAaYVI

the first four squares (two big two small) are all cut counter-clockwise, the next four (created by mirroring of the original 4 across y-axis) are cut clockwise. MPC of the project attached. this is the first time i noticed it do that, weird or normal?

Secondly, i now have a length measurement accuracy issue; calibration set to 875 (lowest i could set it to) and still .9" short along 48" board. is the o-ring the only device responsible for the proper measurement, and can i get a 1/4" ID x 3/8” OD anywhere, or is it special order?

square test 2.8.mpc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110512_133901.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	44547

I would clean the board sensor as it measures the return reflective light..... Plus try it again and note the reading then try it again with the room lights dimmed down... Trust me... It could make a difference.... Room Light could cause a early detect....

The O Ring has been discussed a few times.... My feeling it that is is Metric and smaller and people buying Home Depot or Ace Hardware O rings are getting a thicker ring and this has effected the rotation of the brass roller..... Not by much.... but if you are measuring the board to locate in the center then you are Gambling that it works correct.... IN MY OPINION all projects should be designed "Place On END". That way.... 1. Less wear and tear of measuring the board length TWICE and 2. Measuring off the Right side of Designer and the top of the board every time gets repeatable results... In my opinion it is silly to use place on center....

I also believe that a thicker O ring on the Brass Roller makes if more of a FRICTION drive as opposed to a Friction AND the Brass Teeth...

AND when the board pops our from under the roller on either end, the brass roller could skip or loose contact slightly with the board tipping up.... How are your in feed and out feed rollers set.....? AND.... Use Masking Tape.... My Stock is dropping...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.

the teeth are definitely leaving nice bite marks in the tape. the outfeed rollers are both adjusted just a hair below the board. i also ran another test project where i have a set of parallel lines same size and distance away from the y-axis each of which are cut in multiple passes. the further away from the panel they are cut the closer to the front of the board they are cut, which is really weird. its like the machine does not seem able to go back to the same spot in the x-direction.

have you watched the video of counter-clockwise cutting?
    Last edited by jerryherb; 05-12-2011 at 05:56 PM.

I told the o-ring "forget you". since removal of this rubber POS and proper calibration i have been getting correct, constant and multiple readings on all the boards i measured (between 48" and 18") within .002". i have a "C" sensor in my "A" CW and run it just with the brass teeth (no rubber) biting on the masking tape. has anyone tried this before? i will see how it works out during cutting and if this will help with the rubber belt jerking and loss of board tracking. will keep you posted.

Default Attach your MPC

Quote Originally Posted by jerryherb View Post
    the teeth are definitely leaving nice bite marks in the tape. the outfeed rollers are both adjusted just a hair below the board. i also ran another test project where i have a set of parallel lines same size and distance away from the y-axis each of which are cut in multiple passes. the further away from the panel they are cut the closer to the front of the board they are cut, which is really weird. its like the machine does not seem able to go back to the same spot in the x-direction.

have you watched the video of counter-clockwise cutting?
    Just for the heck of it, attach this particular MPC, so we can see your test design.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast