Hello,
I bought a used, upgraded machine from some guy who claimed to be an LHR tech, it came with rubber belts, carvetight chuch, probe, most recent software/firmware and even LHR invoice. within 2 hours i started getting RPM sensor errors and had that replaced as the guy would not answer any emails regarding support he supposedly offered. regardless. Now that i got a little more experience with the machine i noticed a horrible, yet almost deliberate precision issue. it seems most noticeable on the inside square/rectangle cuts/routs. as soon as the cutter head changes direction from x to y axis (both away and towards the panel) it seems at about 3/8 of an inch to move in slightly (x-axis move) towards the inside of the figure being cut and its being consistent. for example: if i had four of the same mirrored figures the same "error" would occur in all of them, however its consistency would not be mirrored. please see attached pictures for better explanation. Also, all the interior corners would not be of the same radius either (not mirrored as well but identical along specific turns in each figure). it almost seems as if depending on which turn it took (x to y and y to x) they were they were out of sync while turning, but repeat exactly the same in each figure cut. has anyone experienced anything like this before? i spent a few hours scouring the forum, but had not found anything similar.

On the topic of bits. i just broke my 1/16 cutter and noticed that carvewright does not offer the 1/16 cutter bit for sale anymore. i was going to purchase one of Ron's adapters (1/2 to 1/, but need a source for bits. does anyone know of alternative sources?

All your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Greg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_4275661.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	474.1 KB 
ID:	44021

Name:	_4275659.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	486.8 KB 
ID:	44022