Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad card or reader

Default Bad card or reader

When trying to upload a project I keep getting an error message from windows stating unknown device and designer tells me to try to insert the card again and hit retry. Is this the card or a problem with the reader or how can this be determined? After a few tries it will upload but I expect that something will need to be replaced but which one?

2. Default

I had that problem yesturday when I updated my software I had to reboot my computer than it worked fine..didn't fix the problem with the lines in my carve though.

Back to the card issue. I haven't updated the software lately

Can any one diagnose which piece of hardware that I may be having an issue with? I would really hate to replace both when only one piece is bad.

Thanks

Most likely it is your card. I have not seen to many of the reader going bad. Have you tried re formating the card?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Most of the time that I insert it into the reader I get the error and can't access it. But tonight if I get it to accept the card I will try it

Thanks alot
    Mike

You might also want to check the connections on the card. Outside chance of some dust in the connectors... Just a thought...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If there should be projects already on the card, what happens when you try to use the card in the Carvewright?

no luck after re formatting. new error message came up today "the flash operation failed with error code 31" When trying to access the card designer freezes and needs to be shutdown. I have included a screen of two of the error messages I am seeing. Maybe this will help diagnose. One other thing when it finally does access the card it seems to take an awful long time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails errors.jpg  

I had the same problem a while ago. CW Tech support suggest a new reader, that wasn't the problem, it ended up being the card. I now have two readers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast