Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About the Weather

I will give you an update:
    as of now the death toll is 122
    injured is over 780
    still missing is 1500 (some may be out of town or left the area after the storm)
    8000 buildings damages or destroyed
    1800 acres damaged (basically leveled)
    One of 2 hospitals was destroyed (unusable)
    Home depot gone, walmart gone, strip malls gone, 6 blocks of the main business area gone, including fast food, academy store, and many more.
    Nursing home gone with 15 people still not found from this building yet.

To top this off another storm rated as the same strength is heading this way right now, with a high risk of another tornado such as the one Sunday passing through the area. (does not mean it will produce a tornado)

Fema is here, so maybe Capt Bruce is in the area.

All main routes through Joplin north and south are closed off. Thus like myself I have to go 7 or 8 miles east or west to get from south to north in order to reach my customers.

I have been working with businesses (recovering data, mainly my customers), wife is part of the search, as well as the kids.
    Last edited by eelamb; 05-24-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: addition
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thanks for the update. You know our hearts and minds are out there with you guys. STAY SAFE!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd thanks. This current one looks like the main part will be about 50 miles north of me, so it will miss Joplin, but some of the upper parts will be close to Daniel. I am sure we will get some rain from it. Where I am at the size of a tornado is hard to predict. When I look west I see no homes, north and south they are 3/4 mile away, and east is 1/2 mile away. Plus their nearest neighbor is about the same away from them. We had a bad one about 5 years back, took out electric poles , fences and trees down my road as it went through, but just one home before it lifted about 3 miles from me.

If you are interested in before and after images go here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vastation.html

Correction:

The storms by me have produced tornado's with 80 mph winds and has touchdown, so my area and Joplin are in a direct path right now. Darn this is the bottom section of the storm.
    Last edited by eelamb; 05-24-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: update
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

All clear.

Eddie

Eddie,

Those images are devastating. Hard to imagine it all. It looks very similar to one we had here a few years ago that traveled close to 30 miles long and in some areas a mile wide. Most of it was through farm areas but it did hit the town of Windsor.

Keep safe!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    To our friends in Oklahoma (badger) and others, be safe from the storms.
    Thanks, myself and family are home safe. I was actually in Tulsa for Law Enforcement Training. My partner lost his home but him and his family are safe. Not so good news for the rest of our county Logan County Oklahoma. Couple Fatalities and lots of damage. We cut our training short and came home will be busy for at least the next couple weeks.

Prayers go out to others that have lost loved ones or property. I was there in May 99 in OKC and lost my first home and its nothing I would wish on anyone. Now is the time to stand up and go help your neighbor.

Being a prior volunteer for the Red Cross its times like this that they will desperately need cash to help assist Family and Emergency Workers.

Good luck to everyone in the area tommorrow for round 4.
    I'm a professional toothpick maker.
    TK Designs

We were under tornado warning here for about 2.5 hours today. I guess they were spotted all around Rolla but it did not get too bad here.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

8. Default

I am glad your ok today Jeff, I am praying for all in the tornado areas.

That is right Jeff is in Rolla, and he gets his share of this weather there too. I have a lot of friends in Berger, new haven, and Redbud area and they told me they had warnings today.

I believe smokenD was in the path this afternoon too, I hope he is safe. There were a lot of touchdowns in the boot heel area. Plus some may have been near BJB too.

Out death toll is now at 125 in Joplin. With so many still missing I am afraid the number will increase.

Eddie

Eddie,

Thanks for the update. Hearing the news today that the same area was under warnings again today got me to thinking about how much can the people take with getting pounded just about every day. I posted your link of the pictures on FB and one of my old work buddies posted back that his parents used to live right where the main path went through Joplin. He still family in the area and all came through ok.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast